Declining use of negative feedback - trend?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
You’re silly Ralph. Audiophiles are basing their decisions on subjective criteria not measurement techniques!!

As I said, when I hear a Class D amp that truly sounds good I will consider the explanations given by you and Bruno Putseys seriously…until then all I can say is you are missing something in the numbers that doesn’t sound that great subjectively.
If you blindfolded me, I don't know how well I would differentiate my Model 1 Dartzeel from the Atmasphere mono. What I thought I was hearing was less distortion and a touch more immediacy with the Atmasphere. The Dartzeel has more distortion that was heard when compared to the Atmasphere. The Dartzeel was a touch more sweet and maybe a tad more body, but I think that body was more the distortion.

If someone wants to say a 12 year old Dartzeel Model 1 with SCNP is not worth the time of day to listen too, then you are free to say the Atmasphere is not either. But if you like the older Dartzeel, then you will like the Atmasphere.

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
<…>. But if you like the older Dartzeel, then you will like the Atmasphere.

Maybe “should like it” is a better way to word it?

Once they know it is Class-D, many just will decide to “not like it”.

Reactions: Pokey77 and Kingrex

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
In response to the OP not rveryone is shyimg away from NFB. Some suggest the problem was designers were not using enough. A sort of doubling-down as it were.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last edited:
Reactions: analogsa

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
IMO lean and bright is the most serious sin of audio.

On the hand the Haus-Boss said she liked me better when I was “lean and bright”, so there is that…
(but kickin the bass is fun.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing