Decisions

TrackingAngle

Industry Expert
Mar 4, 2014
What I meant by “reveal yourself” is that that seems to indicate resentment. I don’t put on airs or consider myself “mighty”. I’m sorry ai couldn’t help you.

nickif

May 17, 2013
What I meant by “reveal yourself” is that that seems to indicate resentment. I don’t put on airs or consider myself “mighty”. I’m sorry ai couldn’t help you.

That’s ok Mike, actually you were right about people’s intention of asking for opinion. I’ve realized that asking around for opinion before purchase is just to seek for recognition from others, in other words you buy it sooner or later. Therefore I seldom seek for opinions now, if really want something, just buy it.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
The EQ curves on phono preamplifiers regarded as they give you an opportunity to use different curves and if you don’t like them you can always use RIAA. but additional circuits and switches for different EQ curves can have a negative impact on sound quality. Additionally parts quality of multiple circuits may be lower compared to only RIAA curve used device and you pay something you won’t use.
I heard some Lps with so called list of labels that use different curves on CH Precision P1, EMT JPA 66 and Zanden (if I’m not mistaken) and didn’t like them. IMHO RIAA is still the right choice for most of the Lps on that list and trying to compensate mastering/cutting errors with EQ curves is not right.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

nickif

May 17, 2013
Well, theoretically, every single part along the chain deteriorates the sound, just a matter of magnitudes.

So are you willing to give up on pre-amp/power amp for an integrated? How about Step-up transformer? And DSP? As the impact of those added circuits, interconnects and powercords is multiple times of that from an added EQ circuit.

It’s all about give and take in this hobby.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing