Dec 8, 1980 - A day I will never forget!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It was 32 years ago today that Mark David Chapman took away the life of one of the most important and celebrated musicians in rock and roll.

John Lennon wasn't just a member of The Beatles, and part of a great songwriting duo, he was a person that spoke out with conviction about his beliefs.

Today I'm going to take some time to play his music.

Thank you Mr. Lennon!

Kippyy

Feb 20, 2011
San Ramon, CA
Thanks for the reminder. What a waste of a great talent,musician and activist.
Yet all these years later, it seems guns are just as readily available as ever.
Seems history teaches us nothing.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
It would have been nice to hear more music from him. I distinctly remember as a young lad at the time being extremely disappointed of his murder. Though I don't listen to his music as much as I did back then, I'm quite sure I would enjoy it just as much today and it would have been cool to see how his music evolved over the years.

RIP Mr. Lennon and thank you for your contributions to the music.

Tom

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Thanks for the reminder. What a waste of a great talent,musician and activist.
Yet all these years later, it seems guns are just as readily available as ever.
Seems history teaches us nothing.

+1. Old saying... If you forget your history, you are destined to repeat it. Something to think about.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
As I have done each and every year on this date, today will be dedicated to John Lennon and his music!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I remember hearing about his death and how it made no sense to me at all. Your post John took me right back to the moment I heard about that senseless murder. Will be in the car but will stream his music. Thanks for the reminder.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You're welcome guys! I've pulled out the 9 albums I have of his, and thankfully they've already been cleaned, so this afternoon I'll sit back and spend some time with them.

John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
Imagine
Mind Games
Walls and Bridges
Rock and Roll
Double Fantasy
Shaved Fish
Menlove Avenue
John Lennon Imagine Boxset

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing