Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
And no, I don't "support" these people, but there is also something called a chance for betterment and redemption. If they don't use it, they need to stay locked up. But not killed.

BS, who's tax dollars do you think 'supports' them for crying out loud !!!!! OMG, it truly cracks me up as to how naive some people can be.

let me guess, you've probably never been a victim of a crime ............

Reactions: djsina2

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
As a man of Jesus you’d think you’d be kinder, gentler, without so much lying.

I already apologized for my misinterpretation. I don't lie.

Even though I may not always succeed, I try to be kind where appropriate. Not so where not.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thats too bad, another thread of mine completely destructed.

We are all sensitive; if there is only one negative personal comment towards another member it creates a chain reaction like a virus spreading. Among some of the smartest people here it should never happen.

Here's what I suggest for the best of the best: No one member on this site is a bad person, so just respect everyone as good people, like among your friends and family and wives and kids.
Try it, with practice you'd be good @ it, I can guarantee it.

"You" here means no one in particular. We all have some adjustments to make occasionally, me first. I tell you what; I started this new decade with some brand new resolutions, and I want to succeed with those positive goals. And I will succeed, with or without support.

We make wrong judgments and we get stuck with them; just unstuck them and we become in charge of a better destiny, us, all of us together, as a solid team.

No more deviation, back on track...Coronavirus, and nothing else; no personal call, no bull, no drama, no panic, and no politic...never ever. I'm so sick of the politics in the news every single day; truly very sick...they are worst than the worst gangsters.

Ok? Let's get this virus under control ...
Very much agree with you Bob. It would be nice if we could hold some of our opposing opinions and try to drive the ball into fairway.

My five year old is in a Chinese International School. The school will open on Feb 3. I still don't know if I should let him go to school or stay home for another week. I know there are chinese kids and teachers who are originated from Wuhan and they possibly went back home during Chinese New Year.

How long does it take this virus to show symptom? If anyone know.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Of course we are learning as we go Tang; the reason this thread exists ...
? https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-01-29/coronavirus-china-science-mysteries

The symptoms could be very mild, we wouldn't even notice, and yet the coronavirus could be transmitted.
? https://time.com/5772134/coronavirus-mild-symptoms/

And no one here is a virus expert, but everyone is a concerned citizen.
We all live in different world's regions, but are all related from travelling.

The two links/articles just above are among the best ones I searched for and came up with.
I've read several including them. Might they project protective informative light in the name of your son, in the name of our sons and daughters and elders.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm curious, do you know how the electricity is generated to power your nice little audio kit ??
That's irrelevant to the point I was making.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I agree. Can’t have a serious discussion without all the oldies slinging threats and insults.
Not the ideal place to be slinging off at old people lol... btw how old exactly are you? I mean you use the word retarded ffs... what century is that from?

Last edited:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Very much agree with you Bob. It would be nice if we could hold some of our opposing opinions and try to drive the ball into fairway.

My five year old is in a Chinese International School. The school will open on Feb 3. I still don't know if I should let him go to school or stay home for another week. I know there are chinese kids and teachers who are originated from Wuhan and they possibly went back home during Chinese New Year.

How long does it take this virus to show symptom? If anyone know.
This virus spreads before symptoms appear, which means people are spreading it before they even know they are sick!!

Reactions: NorthStar

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Growth in number of infected individuals is currently exponential. Projections estimate over 51million infected by February 21st and up to 1 million dead if current rate holds...food for thought...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hopefully it won't get to that level, but it sure sounds an alarm right now on a global stage.
It it wasn't serious it wouldn't be making the news as it is.
Each single day the number of people and countries affected grow. ...People quarantined and people dying...China.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, this just came up...few minutes ago.
I was expecting it and it's the wise decision.
? https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/heal...-international-concern-declaration/index.html

And please forget the source (news outlet) because it's zero important.
I detest all American news networks, all. I like scientific trustable news that inform people with the most objective accuracy for a higher learning...beneficial for the human race and its planet and its space.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This virus spreads before symptoms appear, which means people are spreading it before they even know they are sick!!
Ever since my boy attended school, he got sick from his friends every two months. Too often I wrote in wbf when I was with my boy admitting at hospital. If I don't have small kid and a baby I probably won't give any attention to this virus news. He happens to go to a Chinese Int'l too. I think my son will enjoy extending his school break for another two weeks.

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Some of my clients in HK have left China to bring kids and grand kids to Canada.
Originally school n universities activities suspended til Feb 17, now till March 2.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
You've heard correct, 76,000 (ten times more the last number they published in the news).
Nothing new here; dimisishing the impact is the priority of state controllers.

Anyway it's not as bad in Canada and in the USA (only eight cases in the USA, Canada even less).

? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/watch-china-use-talking-drones-to-warn-citizens/vp-BBZy6Ug

Again don't pay any attention to the news source; go beyond the source, go to the heart of the matter.

It's like a sci-fi movie to see almost deserted streets and talking drones.
But it's real as real it can be. I saw other videos that would make amazing science-fiction movies out of this world and without any CGI effects used.

Finding a vaccine is what counts the most right now...saving human lives, and not just in China.
We don't normally care about stuff that is far away, only when it hits close to home...human nature, weakness.
Home is Canada, USA, Australia, Japan, China, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, California, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Boston, Chicago, Florida, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Nevada, Utah, Virginia, Arizona, Alaska, Alberta, Victoria ... Home is where we open the doors to an entire world ...

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
This outbreak is only one month old, and we are seeing China isolate cities, airlines stopping flights to China, and isolation facilities being built in the US to quarantine people returning from China. If this is what happens after one month then I wonder what the future holds.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's right Bud, it's only one month old...almost to the day, and cities of millions are on lock out.
If it continues the global economy is going to take a hit, in particular in China. And of course more people will be departing Earth for the heavens.

But that's ok because tomorrow afternoon is Super Bowl LIV times, and in the evening BAFTA times. Hopefully everyone in the audiences are coronavirus free, healthy sounding without any symptoms. That might sound strange saying that but I think we might get accustomed (our grandchildren) living more and more with that reality, and without mentioning global climate change.

Next week should reflect more, this year should be more revelatory, the future is ours to make it brighter or somber ...
We're in a brand new decade, and on all fronts, all soundtages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing