Concert Photo Challenge: Post your best stuff!

Genesis 2007
MG_6657_genesis5.sized.jpg

MG_6622_genesis6.sized.jpg

MG_6664_genesis2.sized.jpg

Bob Weir "Ratdog" 2007 tour
weir_MG_7028.jpg

weir_MG_7422.jpg

weir_MG_7069.jpg

Steve Kimock
kimmock_MG_6964.jpg

kimmock_MG_7278.jpg

Taken with Canon 5D and 70-200 F2.8

+1 Christian, great shots.
Andre, when I took this photo, I was less than 10' from Natasha;). I think she is a lot more talented than most people give her credit for.

+1 Christian, great shots.
Andre, when I took this photo, I was less than 10' from Natasha;). I think she is a lot more talented than most people give her credit for.

That is about as close as you can get without actually being on stage! I agree...she has been overlooked.

I believe those are B&Ws. Atane has amazing concert photos...really captures the essence of the performance.

Ha! Hedwig! Yes! ...You are right three times in a row!

1. B&W.
2. You know Atane, that is great!
3. Yes, he does totally capture the essence of the artistic musicianship!

I've seen many pro pictures of musicians from all over; but when I was for the first time exposed to Atane's own photographs, I saw something different, unique, human, emotional, artistique force, power of the composition, the colors, the skin tones, the black backgrounds, the foreground action, the beauty, the rawness, the verity, ... I've got to get him here!

* Actually this afternoon I contacted him over his Facebook account by leaving him a message.
I'm just waiting for an eventual reply: or here directly at WBF, or at Facebook, or at my email address.

It is EXTREMELY tempting to provide some links, because Atane is all over the map and with some amazing websites, blogs, and accounts in all the major social websites. But I just can't do it; because I much prefer to have him directly interacting with us right here.
I did communicate and told him several times how much I appreciate his amazing photographs, but that was through an audio forum from which both we don't participate no more.

Anyway, Atane is a young cool guy (I believe he's 32) and extremely talented and active on the artistic side of Live Music Concerts scene.
...But much more; I just don't want to reveal his biography when he can do it himself right here.

And that's very cool that you are familiar with some of his numerous photographs (he also has few videos as he's a member at few video sites) Hedwig.
And I know that there are few more members here also familiar with him. ...I could ring some bells here and there by bringing some links, but I won't. :b

Last edited:
Ha! Hedwig! Yes! ...You are right three times in a row!

1. B&W. I think. :b
2. You know Atane, that is great!
3. Yes, he does totally capture the essence of the artistic musicianship!

I've seen many pro pictures of musicians from all over; but when I was for the first time exposed to Atane's own photographs, I saw something different, unique, human, emotional, artistique force, power of the composition, the colors, the skin tones, the black backgrounds, the foreground action, the beauty, the rawness, the verity, ... I've got to get him here!

* Actually this afternoon I contacted him over his Facebook account by leaving him a message.
I'm just waiting for an eventual reply: or here directly at WBF, or at Facebook, or at my email address.

It is EXTREMELY tempting to provide some links, because Atane is all over the map and with some amazing websites, blogs, and accounts in all the major social websites. But I just can't do it; because I much prefer to have him directly interacting with us right here.
I did communicate and told him several times how much I appreciate his amazing photographs, but that was through an audio forum from which both we don't participate no more.

Anyway, Atane is a young cool guy (I believe he's 32) and extremely talented and active on the artistic side of Live Music Concerts scene.
...But much more; I just don't want to reveal his biography when he can do it himself right here.

And that's very cool that you are familiar with some of his numerous photographs (he also has few videos as he's a member at few video sites) Hedwig.
And I know that there are few more members here also familiar with him. ...I could ring some bells here and there by bringing some links, but I won't. :b

Bob, you were not kidding. I just found his site. He is the real deal. A real talent. There is a lot of soul in those photos.

My style is more "rough and ready", more documentation.

Atane really knows what he is doing. I need to take time to go through all his Flickr collections.

Bob, you were not kidding. I just found his site. He is the real deal. A real talent. There is a lot of soul in those photos.

My style is more "rough and ready", more documentation.

Atane really knows what he is doing. I need to take time to go through all his Flickr collections.

Heeee jeeeeez, now the rabbit is out of the hat! :b

His username here at WBF (and at most other audio sites) is btf1980. He was born in 1980, so he is 32 years old and his birthday is coming up next.

Yep, his Flickr account is a good one. ...He is a writer also. His Nigerian parents are musicians; Jazz I believe.
True, you can see the soul of the artists through his pictures.
...The photographer is often a source of inspiration for the artists; they see themselves through the lens of his camera.

D in BW.jpg

I didn't shoot it, but I like it. :)

Tim

PistolGreatLight.jpg

Another from the same show, the same very talented young man.

Tim

We're very fortunate in this area, Andre. Two of the guys I play with teach photography at the local arts school. A few of their best students follow the band. We are possibly the best-photographed band you've never heard of. Unfortunately, all of their skill can't make me look as good as the young lady who plays violin with us. :)

Tim

We're very fortunate in this area, Andre. Two of the guys I play with teach photography at the local arts school. A few of their best students follow the band. We are possibly the best-photographed band you've never heard of. Unfortunately, all of their skill can't make me look as good as the young lady who plays violin with us. :)

Tim

really great shots. yeh, well,. you can't win 'em all...cute violin players...can' hurt!

Tim

Tim, you look the 'real deal'! :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing