CAT Website

JStevens

Jan 1, 2020
Hi all,

This is Jake Stevens, Ken's (owner of CAT) son. Well, I decided that my dad's business shouldn't live in the dark ages anymore and I developed him a website. Please check it out: catamps.com. There's product information, reviews, and contact forms for repairs and upgrades. All feedback is appreciated.

-Jake S

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Wow so miracles do happen , lol.
I dIdn t think it would happen in my lifetime.
I scrolled a little bit and it looks Nice.
I do have a question , does it mean that the traditional cat power amp design is a thing of the past .
I saw the Jl5 and 7 being the current power amp designs.
Btw i am a very happy Cat owner , any reviewer that states drive / bass control / dynamics are primarily a ss atribute has nt heard a good cat combo yet

JStevens

Jan 1, 2020
Wow so miracles do happen , lol.
I dIdn t think it would happen in my lifetime.
I scrolled a little bit and it looks Nice.
I do have a question , does it mean that the traditional cat power amp design is a thing of the past .
I saw the Jl5 and 7 being the current power amp designs.
Btw i am a very happy Cat owner , any reviewer that states drive / bass control / dynamics are primarily a ss atribute has nt heard a good cat combo yet

It's been a long time coming. With my background in software engineering, I had no excuse not to make him one. Hopefully it drums up some business!

The previous products (JL2, JL3, Statement, etc.) are still supported and may receive updates in time. The products on the website are CAT's current focus.

Great to have your business!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Jake,

Happy New Year to you and Ken!

There are many CAT owners and fans here.

Thank you for posting here and letting us know about your new website!

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Nice job Jake! Btw, as an audiophile I'd like to see the magnificent Statement mono's brought back into the range at some point. Paired with the Magico S5 Mk2's, they produced the best sound on the S5's at any Audio show to date.

Last edited:

now25

Nov 28, 2018
Very happy to see a CAT website. I have been using a CAT preamp since the eighties! Now into my fourth CAT preamp which is the Legend BPX feeding a CAT JL-5 Limited Edition. The sound is very musical and timbre is superb.

FYI the downloadable pdf file for the Legend BPX do not work on the website.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Would be cool if CAT (Ken stevens ) would design a tape pre amp , either a stand alone unit or one that is corporated in the pre amp .
So instead of having a legend /renaissance pre amplifier with a phono section one would have line and tape section , idea???:)
Would be a nice combo with this one , this one has a balanced out put but can be used in single ended mode i presume
http://www.ballfinger.de/tape-deck-m-002-p

This one will be out summer 2020 according to their website

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hi all,

This is Jake Stevens, Ken's (owner of CAT) son. Well, I decided that my dad's business shouldn't live in the dark ages anymore and I developed him a website. Please check it out: catamps.com. There's product information, reviews, and contact forms for repairs and upgrades. All feedback is appreciated.

-Jake S

Hi Jake,
Great news !
Can i make a suggestion ? : why not a CAT facebook page too ?
Like that, it would be easy to share news from CAT all around the world. (distributors & dealers will be able to share infos / pictures of events / setups etc ... and CAT owners too if they want).
David

Reactions: knghifi and now25

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing