Capital Audiofest 2023

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
once again can’t stay at the hotel event location lol. I’m a few miles away in a 2 room suite not that I need it .

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I just purchased my tickets. i will try to provide some real time coverage. Maybe i will concentrate on amplification. Who knows what will strike my fancy. i will not be staying at the hotel That means I have to get home for my bedtime.

i hope Gary ill have some nice coffee in a real cup again.
njoy the show.

• Love
Reactions: garylkoh

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
I was looking at the Exhibitor and Brands list and it struck me how awful it is. How awful all the audio show lists are. The lists are basically useless since they are not broken down by product category. Anyone new to this hobby would be lost, even people who have been in audio for awhile would not know what most of the exhibitors are exhibiting. The search function is only by exhibitor name or room. Suppose somebody went to this big show and wanted to hear bookshelf speakers -- how would they find them? Even the magazines have a directory of their reviews by product category. The shows should have a list of speaker companies, cable companies, amp companies, turntable companies, retail stores etc. etc.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hmm?
I kinda of enjoy being surprised by what I find in each. Even when I seek out a particular product I am frequently more impressed by the supporting cast
I see your point. I would suggest it is a difficult task. Many times the organizers are not informed what equipment will attend the show.
Only two weeks to go

gestalt

Aug 3, 2019
Nashville, TN
gestalt.audio
I'll be exhibiting in room 325 again this year and will be premiering a few really cool new pieces. Please stop in and say hello.
gestalt-cessaro-gaia.jpg
Check out the North American debut of the Cessaro Horn Acoustics Gaia I loudspeakers in room 325.

chuck

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego
I see your point. I would suggest it is a difficult task. Many times the organizers are not informed what equipment will attend the show.
The organizers could ask what equipment exhibitors were bringing. I would think the database software already exists. It is their business, for my part the show will already be too crowded so maybe it is better not to encourage more people to attend.

Reactions: Gregadd

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I will be there Friday and some of Saturday.

Beau

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
I'll be going, and it'll be my first-ever high-end show! I'm driving from Indiana to Pennsylvania on that Friday with my wife, dropping her off to visit her 96-year old father, then picking up my brother and driving to Rockville with him on Saturday morning to spend the afternoon at the show. Then we're having dinner with my nephew, who lives and works in DC, and will visit the show again on Sunday.
At the end of it all I'll be picking up a Modwright Ph 9.0XT phono stage demo unit they'll have on display and taking it home with me!

Reactions: modwright

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thanks Zuman. I,' ll keep my fingers crossed they will be a late entry. Or maybe they will piggy- back on someone else's" exhibit.

Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com
I was looking at the Exhibitor and Brands list and it struck me how awful it is. How awful all the audio show lists are. The lists are basically useless since they are not broken down by product category. Anyone new to this hobby would be lost, even people who have been in audio for awhile would not know what most of the exhibitors are exhibiting. The search function is only by exhibitor name or room. Suppose somebody went to this big show and wanted to hear bookshelf speakers -- how would they find them? Even the magazines have a directory of their reviews by product category. The shows should have a list of speaker companies, cable companies, amp companies, turntable companies, retail stores etc. etc.
I sent this along to the people behind CAF and AXPONA. It's a very good point. It might be a little harder to implement with a show but I am sure its possible. Each room is a full suite of stuff, there would need to be a way for the search function to parse out the "important" stuff in each room.

Now.. let me get back to making my CAF playlist ;-) So many interesting covers on SiriusXMU for Halloween yesterday...

Reactions: Gregadd

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I sent this along to the people behind CAF and AXPONA. It's a very good point. It might be a little harder to implement with a show but I am sure its possible. Each room is a full suite of stuff, there would need to be a way for the search function to parse out the "important" stuff in each room.

Now.. let me get back to making my CAF playlist ;-) So many interesting covers on SiriusXMU for Halloween yesterday...
Look at the way the Munich Show does it. They have separate pages for Exhibitors and Brands. To make it better you could have a way to sort by room and look at the intersection.

Beau

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yep, we're doing it again this year!
We did 5 rooms last year, but this year we'll only do... 4 :)
All the way up on the 8th floor, look us up!
Showing, among other things;

Boenicke W13SE+ speakers
YG Carmel 3 speakers
Estelon Aura speakers
Vinnie Rossi electronics
MSB Select w/ Select Digital Director
darTZeel LHC-208 mkII
Merason DAC1 mkII

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing