Calling Peter Breuninger !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst provocation could be argued, some of the responses and speculation here are unkind, to say the least.

I understand and I would probably feel the same however I can tell you that having gotten threatening VM's from him on several occasions including legal threats only to have him call me the very next day and talk as if nothing was amiss and we were the best of friends, only to have him then do an about face while on the phone when he turned mean and hung up in my ear because I refused to acquiesce to his demand where he would remain a member of WBF and counsel me how to grow it into a successful business like his AVShowrooms but only "if he had kill privileges on 15 members here at WBF"

This is serious behavioral issues and is given truly out of concern

Guys this is a friggin hobby. This isn't rocket science and thank God it ain't cancer. We are all grown men and should be in charge and control of our actions and behavior. This is such an old debate but for me what's obvious is that there are room for both and that was the intent upon which this forum was created. Amir and I couldn't be any more different but we wanted a forum where "opinions" could be heard. To see someone have a total melt down in front of the entire universe which remain forever for all to see. Sadly this could represent his legacy to the hobby. This was not normal behavior but rather just the opposite. I bear him no animosity and have always appreciated his contributions but on that day he had a break from reality which has continued.

I feel he should be seen. Thats out of caring not malice

This is not meant to be mean but truly a plea to Peter to be seen to rule out anything serious. This is out of caring

I feel he should be seen. Thats out of caring not malice

This is not meant to be mean but truly a plea to Peter to be seen to rule out anything serious. This is out of caring

Thank you Steve and Whatmore for your ability to potentially understand the underlying reasons why this may have occurred.

To the rest of the "a-holes" who seem incapable of accepting this possibility speaks well to how small, trite, and judgmental you really are.

Do me a favor and please cover your neck, especially the back side, the next time you go outside.

Shame on you.:eek:

My wife says men are less able to control their emotions. I think she is right. I wonder if its a survival thing. Maybe we do not spend enough time working on our feelings, and thus tend to emotional outbursts. Just sayin.

What is Peters issue though I have no idea.

That's not true regarding men and women. One cannot generalize as it depends on the individual and the particular circumstance. It does appear he, (Peter) is exhibiting classic bipolar disorder symptoms with the mood swings. Either he stopped medicating or needs an adjustment in dosage.

Reminds me of some Pink Floyd lyrics, You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn their backs on you, you get a chance to stick the knife in. Insert guitar solo here.

One of two things going on here, either he really is a butt hole or there is something else going om we are unaware of and owe him the time to sort it out and get help. Maybe someone here that is closer to him can reach out.

I think we all had our moments. And we know where to reach Peter.

* Peter was always saying that WBF is the best place on Earth, the best and most friendly forum of them all. ...That's how he was welcoming new members in his own style.
I commented him few times on his quality videos with sound quality...professionally executed with quality tools by a quality interviewer with an eye and ear on some of the latest and greatest.

Medication? ...From Internet readings?

I don't know him personally, but he is/was always friendly...and the last episode must have been tough for others, and for him, every single day.
He once told me that it's a tight community here.

Or it could just be someone showing their true colors = thin skin, pompous, conceited and arrogant. What's comical to me is that while this is a hobby for most of us, it's his living as far as I know. Who has more to lose?

Steve's input on this is very informative, since it's indicative of an ongoing state of mind.
Maybe it's time for some pause (and I've been one of many who rose to the bait).
Has anyone actually talked to the guy, or has he really gone incommunicado?

Steve's input on this is very informative, since it's indicative of an ongoing state of mind.
Maybe it's time for some pause (and I've been one of many who rose to the bait).
Has anyone actually talked to the guy, or has he really gone incommunicado?

He is chatting on audioshark in a normal fashion right now

Well, maybe that's the point. If he is bipolar, his mood swings will be extreme. That would mean talking normally on one forum while having tanked at another.
In reality, very few of us are as public as Peter, so his issues are for everyone to see.
At this point, this thread is redundant.
If Peter is an arse, there's nothing left to say.
If there is mental breakdown/ongoing issues, we have nothing relevant to add.
I guess it's up to Peter to either apologise/get his meds and recuperation sorted/re engage.
Whatever, good luck to him.
I'm signing off from this one.

Well, maybe that's the point. If he is bipolar, his mood swings will be extreme. That would mean talking normally on one forum while having tanked at another.
In reality, very few of us are as public as Peter, so his issues are for everyone to see.
At this point, this thread is redundant.
If Peter is an arse, there's nothing left to say.
If there is mental breakdown/ongoing issues, we have nothing relevant to add.
I guess it's up to Peter to either apologise/get his meds and recuperation sorted/re engage.
Whatever, good luck to him.
I'm signing off from this one.

Great Post!
+1

No doubt, but this is not stress. It's a character fault.

I have known Peter personally since the late 80's but no longer communicate with him. I can assure you that he has a history of this. Just ask any member of the Philadelphia area audio community. This is not the first time he has picked up his ball and gone home. It is really too bad.

There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of this thread. It should be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing