Burmester 909 mk5 vs Burmester 911 mk3

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Hi Rocco, hope you are doing well.

I did get the B100s and listened to them for some time. Unfortunately for my taste I like the B80 Mk2 better. B100 is a little fuller in the mids but the low frequencies are a little more forward and punchier on the B80s. It can be subjectively argued that B100 is a more neutral or reference grade sound. B100 sounds closest to the Burmester car stereos (delicate mids/highs) - minus the low frequency weight.

Cables and 808 mk5 are the only upgrades left . I''ll be exploring Esprit cables . Tried Burmester silver cables, they do sound a little lean and forward sounding for my taste.
Hello.
thanks for your report. It is surely your taste and it can not be argued.
Enjoy your system.

Reactions: dhruvgarg

dhruvgarg

Jun 10, 2019
Hello.
thanks for your report. It is surely your taste and it can not be argued.
Enjoy your system.
Thanks Rocco , i was not trying to argue at all :) they they both are some of the finest things money can buy! either way one cannot be disappointed. Regards

Reactions: Rocco I.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
IMG_7038.jpeg

Reactions: mtemur and sujay

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing