Boulder 2160 thoughts

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
FYI - I will be hearing the 2160 amp next weekend. Am trying to see if we can compare it in the same system with an amp i know. Looking forward to it. The 3060 is primarily in Boulder, CO so this will be the most proximate taste of the Boulder state of the art.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
My friend Italian distributor of Boulder in Italy told me that listened in Boulder company in comparison the series 1,2 and 3 in comparison in same system,and told difference of these amp is no big,small difference,but he found big difference changing preamp from 1000 to 2000 serie and from 2000 to 3000,so much more difference changing pre that amp

Reactions: bonzo75

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My friend Italian distributor of Boulder in Italy told me that listened in Boulder company in comparison the series 1,2 and 3 in comparison in same system,and told difference of these amp is no big,small difference,but he found big difference changing preamp from 1000 to 2000 serie and from 2000 to 3000,so much more difference changing pre that amp
Wow, that is very interesting. I had always understood that 3000 series amp was MUCH better than 2100. In any event, I am looking forward to hearing the 2160.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Sure the 3000 is better than 2100,but told me for the price difference the sound difference is not big,while difference is much bigger changing the pre.
So if you can buy both for example is better,and if you cannot is better take and amp 2000 and buy the pre 3000,this was his thinking

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sure the 3000 is better than 2100,but told me for the price difference the sound difference is not big,while difference is much bigger changing the pre.
So if you can buy both for example is better,and if you cannot is better take and amp 2000 and buy the pre 3000,this was his thinking
Good to know! For now, I am simply looking forward to hearing it and consider how it would be compare with my Mephisto. I have asked to have a 2060 (if available) to compare side by side with the 2160 if possible, as i am familiar with that one...and can then at least have a basis for comparison.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There's a city in Austria called Fucking. It has a population of 109. And you have to cross the border from Kissing and Petting in Bavaria to get to Fucking. We need source, pre, and power made in each of those cities respectively to turn on sequentially

This also reminded me of an anecdote I had read:
Sexauer is an ordinary German name referring to one who came from Sexau, in Germany. Looking for a Mr. Sexauer, a man in Washington called at the Senate Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee. Helping him, a girl employee called the Banking and Currency Committee by telephone to check, and inquired politely, ‘Do you have a Sexauer over there?’
‘Listen,’ the girl switchboard operator snapped, ‘We don’t even have a ten-minute coffee break anymore.’

Reactions: sujay

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing