Better Call Saul

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I had my doubts when I saw the first episode and didn't like it. Not all spin-offs are successful you know...

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I watched the firt episode...bottom line, how can you compete with breaking bad ? Banshee much better...Shamless on showtime even better. Sorry Saul.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched the firt episode...bottom line, how can you compete with breaking bad ? Banshee much better...Shamless on showtime even better. Sorry Saul.

Christian. Tough to say how anything can be better than Breaking Bad however you act too quickly as the series is getting some speed and definitely worthy of a second look

Steve Williams

My son read for the part of the Kettleman boy (family who hid in tent). We recognize many of the locations & buildings in the show!

Lee

That must be fun Lee. Do you ever see them film

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

Steve's right. I had the same feeling like you after the first episode and had to force myself to watch the second episode but I'm glad I did, the second episode is much better. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Even with breaking bad, it took a few episodes for it to really draw you in. It wasn't until the second season before it really became what Breaking Bad is known as today. I think many people tend to forget that and expect this to pick up with the intensity that BB had those last few seasons. I can't watch this because I don't carry cable anymore, but I fully expect to dredge through a handful of episodes before I get completely drawn in.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Steve's right. I had the same feeling like you after the first episode and had to force myself to watch the second episode but I'm glad I did, the second episode is much better. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

I watch it again on demand for a few episodes.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Just when I thought it was getting better and better they come with an episode like this...

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
Do you know the song played while Mike's watching and then entering the house to steal money.

Steve Williams

Well season one ended last night and all I can say is "what a feeble season ender" as Saul says to Mike that he won't over look sure money ever again" suggesting he has tried to be a good lawyer but now he's going over to the dark side

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I waited and waited to see some deals happening with shady Mexicans but no luck, always Chuck...

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I like the show. Like BB, the cinematography in that beautiful New Mexico barrel of light is gorgeous. More of a deep character study, which is fine with me.

Steve Williams

Can't disagree Carl. I always raved about the BB cinematography but so also the camera placement by Vince Gilligan to convey the mood

You must admit however that by the end of season one we understand why he does what he does in that final scene

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Does anyone actually live in Albuquerque? Because when they show outside shots of the city, it always looks deserted ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing