Best iPad App for Measuring Speakers in Room

StickMan451new

Apr 24, 2022
Looking for a really good room/speaker analyzer App that can run on an iPad and utilize an external microphone through the Lightning port. Any recommendations? Do they exist…

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
AudioTools. I thought everyone uses AudioTools on iPhones or iPads.
But I would say it’s more of a Real-Time Analyzer. And you’ll need a calibration file for the Lightning port microphone you’re using. So you need to know how to interpret what you’re measuring…
My audio dealer actually paid for the full package but he acknowledges that he rarely uses the extra features so to me the basic app does most of what you should need for a reasonable price.

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
It should work very well but you’ll need an iPad app like AudioTools that can load the calibration file for your microphone. Which I presume you already know since it’s part of your microphone’s instructions online.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
A member here showed me an app to use
also tracks to use with it
stereophile has good cd to use

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing