Bespoke Audio TVC Passive Preamp - An Unassuming Star

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hello Stereophonic,
Have you auditioned a Bespoke in details?
If not, please do so and your view may have some changes.
Bespoke is diff and much more musical than most other passive preamps.

Yes, I have a Goebel xlr ic between preamp & poweramp.
My Vertere HB xlr is for digital to preamp.
IMHO Vertere is never voiced to be analytical, unlike brands such as Nordost ...etc.

I guess you and me have quite diff tastes.
But of course this is not a problem.
I embrace diversity and fully agree that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Thanks for yor answer CK.
I’m glad you are enjoying your Bespoke preamp. I never have listened it.
I like very much the passive preamp concept but my Ypsilon experience wasn’t successful. After listening Ypsilon, AR, Dag Momentum pre.... i’m very happy with my TAD C600.
I think cable matching is the key.
I have to rectified about Vertere. I listened the PC and it was sweet on highs.
But knowing Göbel very well i think its energy will be very welcome.
Anyway, it is very surprising your change from Siltech TC to Göbel/Vertere.
Cheers !!!

Reactions: CKKeung

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
A +6db can help if the level output of your amp is too low. For me it was a little bit too much. Matej Isak of mono and stereo has one.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Dear ckkeung, did it take a long Time to burn ni the preamp ?

Yes, particularly the silver transformer model.
About 2 months/200 hours at least for mine.

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
Ok thank you. What were the mainest improvement ?

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Dear ckkeung, did you see my question ?

I was very busy at work yesterday.
What have you noticed when burning-in your Bespoke copper version?

For my silver version, the sound was transparent and finessee but s a bit "tight" initially.
The dyamics and soundstage opened up after burn-in.
Also, the midrange gained density, but of course won't be as rich as the copper version.

BTW my Bespoke are with diff connectors : Neutrik silver and Furutech gold & rhodium.
It took time to burn-in each of them and their internal connecting wires.

Jpspock

Dec 26, 2018
I have the same feeling. 200 hours will be at least needed.

Did you see the photo posted by Harry on FB ?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Did you see the photo posted by Harry on FB ?

You mean the Bespoke with gold plated brass cowls(transformer enclosures) with a transparent Perspex lid ?

Yes, very beautiful.
Will you order the transparent lead too?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I had a TCV preamp for a number of years, and loved it! I only recently sold it and moved to a LDR "passive" preamp, which I also love. If your system can work well with it, and transparency to the signal is your goal as opposed to shaping the signal to your liking, I highly recommend a passive of the TVC or LDR variety.

I've not heard the Bespoke Audio preamps, but I imagine they are phenomenal.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This is the Beapoke Silver Ultimate model ordered by my friend Paul in Hong Kong.
Harry said that this was the last one he would make, because the manufacturing cost was too high for him.

IMG-20190402-WA0034.jpg

It is gorgeous to the extreme!!!

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Beautiful preamp!

I think a decent resistor based volume control can equal a copper tvc but silver tvc is the best possible solution. The next preamp I build will use silver TVC + a tube buffered output.

Passive pres are a good option but they depend on the source having a robust output section.
Yes, I was about to say the exact same thing. I have build 3 passives, the last on using the Elna 48 step series attenuator with Takamn non magnetics. So only 2 resistors in the path. It worked well, but I believe active is better, more body and bigger soundstage. Passives are best at ultimate transparency IMO at some loss of timbre and realism, most other aspects are behind a good active stage. I have not heard the Bespoke.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
On my work bench just now is the guts of a microzotl waiting for a hynes lps to arrive. I need to decide on the attenuator, either autoformer or LDR if anyone here has experience of comparing these two approaches?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
On my work bench just now is the guts of a microzotl waiting for a hynes lps to arrive. I need to decide on the attenuator, either autoformer or LDR if anyone here has experience of comparing these two approaches?

There is no need for either one in an active preamp. Just use a quality resistor ladder attenuator, like Goldpoint.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This is the Beapoke Silver Ultimate model ordered by my friend Paul in Hong Kong.
Harry said that this was the last one he would make, because the manufacturing cost was too high for him.
View attachment 50041
It is gorgeous to the extreme!!!

This special version of Bespoke silver TVC has arrived at the hk dealer last week.
My friend Paul has not picked it up yet so I went for a brief audition yesterday.
Although not burned-in it gave a huge soundstage, much bigger than the demo Bespoke copper version at the dealer showroom.
Great potential!
I guess this may be due to the bigger TVC copper enclosure/cowl of this special version.

20190412_193322.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WilsonDaDa

WilsonDaDa

Apr 10, 2019
CK,
In fact i am also one of "the last several trains" before the price raiseup in Feb.;) Mine, arrived in mid March, must be the one before the Silver Ultimate version. I just have the basic copper version.
The soundstage becomes wide and deep. Both high and low ends extend more. The speed and transparency are very impressive indeed. Enjoy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing