Banshee-Season 1 Episode 1

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Can they go any lower? I'm sure they'll try. Only 2 episodes left :(

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well I am all caught up and yes episode 8 left one asking "can they go any lower?" Well episode 9 was relatively a nail biter but nothing to the extent of previous episodes. This was to set up the season finale next week when Carrie's father "Rabbit" comes after Lucas and the Indian tribe puts out a contract on Kai. This necessitates a strange collaboration between Lucas and Kai in order to win the war.
Can it get any bloodier?

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I am likewise all caught up and very much looking forward to the final show of the season. I believe that it has gotten better with each episode as the characters develop further, to the point where it is now one of my favorite TV shows (just a notch or two below "The Walking Dead" and "Dexter", but I actually like it better than "Spartacus"). I understand Cinemax has already renewed it for a second season.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Phenomenal!!!

Steve, I have to thank you for turning me on to Banshee. If you hadn't started this thread, I probably never would have watched the show.

Steve Williams

I haven't seen the season finale yet but I bet it is amazing. Tomorrow morning. The show is definitely a guy thing and even so it leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. I never thought that anything will beat this past season's finale of Homeland but so far everything in Homeland pales beside Banshee. Let's talk tomorrow.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Never heard of this show but just watched the first episode and got the other 9 straight away. Nice tip!

Steve Williams

Phenomenal!!!

Steve, I have to thank you for turning me on to Banshee. If you hadn't started this thread, I probably never would have watched the show.

I caught the season finale today and all I can say is that I still have tachycardia and my palms are sweaty. What an ending and just like any great season finale there is always a cliff hanger. Well there were two clues....the photo of a young Lucas found by the fBI at the body of Rabbit and a google search of the sheriff's Lucas Hood's name by none other than the son of the dead Lucas Hood. And then when you think it's really over we find out about Rabbit

All of this is totally absurd however to make a 10 episode season of this and pull it off is the fun of it. I never thought there could be a season two but after this one I look forward to season two

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I caught the season finale today and all I can say is that I still have tachycardia and my palms are sweaty. What an ending and just like any great season finale there is always a cliff hanger. Well there were two clues....the photo of a young Lucas found by the fBI at the body of Rabbit and a google search of the sheriff's Lucas Hood's name by none other than the son of the dead Lucas Hood. And then when you think it's really over we find out about Rabbit

All of this is totally absurd however to make a 10 episode season of this and pull it off is the fun of it. I never thought there could be a season two but after this one I look forward to season two

Didn't he assume Lucas Hood's identity because the real Lucas Hood told him in episode 1 that he had no family or friends anywhere? Now he has a young son? And how does the FBI agent not look in to this guy after all the stunts he has pulled? He certainly loses enough blood. It wouldn't be too tough to get some of it and check him out! And are we to believe Rabbit just got away? Still love it though.

View attachment 8820

Steve Williams

Yes. Rabbit got away. Plot thickens

And yes again. The FBI guy saw all of Lucas blood and I think it crossed his mind to check the blood however he did see the photo of the young Lucas. All in all there are so many flaws to the story but it is so good that you over look these shortcomings.

I can honestly say I was on the edge of my seat for all 10 episodes

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Have watched the whole season now and enjoyed it very much.
Flaws? Biggest one of all is his five o'clock shadow...

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I watched the season finale this morning and agree with Steve - I was on the edge of my seat through most of it. My only disappointment is that the season is over! It has certainly become one of my favorite shows, especially as the characters and sub-plots have continued to emerge. Very curious to see how Ky Procter's young niece will continue to be mentored. Also very interested in the young indian chief's sister and how her role will develop. Can't wait for Season 2.

Steve Williams

I simply found it amazing that after all of the carnage there are enough characters still alive to have a season 2. Ky is one evil dude indeed and won't it be interesting to see how his niece's character develops esp with Lucas. Also what will happen to Anna since her husband and children have turned on her

Does anyone know if the rest of the world likes this series or are we the only whackos here at WBF that sees it as a marvelous show. :confused:

As for his five o'clock shadow being his tragic flaw, I find his lower lip and jaw need some cosmetic surgery as Lucas always seems to be talking with a hunk of padding inside his lower lip. Probably from all of the hits he took.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
What I meant was that a five o'clock shadow is not allowed according to the Sheriff's General Orders Dress Code;

Facial Hair - The face must be clean-shaven when on duty. Sideburns should be neatly trimmed and should not extend below the bottom of the earlobe. A mustache may be worn but must not extend below any portion of the upper lip.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I simply found it amazing that after all of the carnage there are enough characters still alive to have a season 2. Ky is one evil dude indeed and won't it be interesting to see how his niece's character develops esp with Lucas. Also what will happen to Anna since her husband and children have turned on her

Does anyone know if the rest of the world likes this series or are we the only whackos here at WBF that sees it as a marvelous show. :confused:

As for his five o'clock shadow being his tragic flaw, I find his lower lip and jaw need some cosmetic surgery as Lucas always seems to be talking with a hunk of padding inside his lower lip. Probably from all of the hits he took.

At least we know it has been renewed for sure. The numbers reported in this piece don't seem to be all that great but I have no idea what is considered good ratings any more with so much choice on tv. The reviews by multiple outlets have been very good, so it appears we aren't the only sickos watching.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/cinemaxs-banshee-renewed-for-second-season/

Steve Williams

At least we know it has been renewed for sure. The numbers reported in this piece don't seem to be all that great but I have no idea what is considered good ratings any more with so much choice on tv. The reviews by multiple outlets have been very good, so it appears we aren't the only sickos watching.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/cinemaxs-banshee-renewed-for-second-season/

The link you provided was also interesting in that they are beefing up the writing staff by adding some well knowns

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Thanks Steve

I picked this show up from this thread. It's not in Australia so had to reply on other methods of watching.

Whats not to love when a show has ex Prison con's, mafia, very strong violence mixed with oral sex.

Great show

Steve Williams

Thanks Steve

I picked this show up from this thread. It's not in Australia so had to reply on other methods of watching.

Whats not to love when a show has ex Prison con's, mafia, very strong violence mixed with oral sex.

Great show

welcome to the club ;)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Who all can't wait for season two of this incredible series. For those who follow the show, here is a teaser for season 2

I've taken to watching reruns. Although Ray Donovan isn't a bad place holder until Banshee is back.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing