Ballfinger M063 both 1/4 track and 1/2 Track playback

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Your collection of machines is very impressive. Especially with your AV Trio. My wife tolerates my 3 machines. :) Larry

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I have a real darling of a wife, she is a true hero. :) What you see in the picture is less than a quarter of my collection.

BTW, I sent email to Ballfinger... no reply yet.

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I do like that transport. One way to tell a good one is by watching it start and stop fast rewind - here is behaves as a good transport should.

Great form factor, too... externally I like it nearly as much as my Frida - also very compact, but behaving like a big machine. They would look great together. :)

Attachments

• Stand 2.jpg
    Stand 2.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 21

srs148

Jan 3, 2016
I do like that transport. One way to tell a good one is by watching it start and stop fast rewind - here is behaves as a good transport should.

Great form factor, too... externally I like it nearly as much as my Frida - also very compact, but behaving like a big machine. They would look great together. :)
Victor, is that a factory stand for your PTR-1 or did you make it?

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I received a reply from the company... not sold in the US, and delivery time 10 months.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Okay another one then , a bit more refined looking
As a mechanical engineer who has been working with bearings / machinery all his life , this is nice machined stuff .
I dont know how it sounds but it looks well made .

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Very eager to know how the German Ballfinger and French Analog Audio Design compares.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Okay a couple more.

The above mentioned Analogue audio design .
I see no pics of the internals of this machine so i m not sure if its a completely original design ( tape path / motordesign)

1643808345310.png

Sepea audio ( bought parts / drawings from the old stellavox company )

New ( Sepea ) Stellavox PRO TD 9 machine

unpacking vietnam

And Mara machines

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I only asked about the 002P. I suspect they are still ironing out early kinks.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Very eager to know how the German Ballfinger and French Analog Audio Design compares.
Has anyone heard or does anyone own a Ballfinger R2R? The M002P is particularly attractive as it can be wall mounted.

I don’t think I am ready to take the plunge into R2R as my Nagra turntable is outstanding. Dead quiet, incredible realism, it just destroys even the best digital source. But can it get even better with a R2R?!!

There is more background “hiss” with tape, correct?

How many times can you play back a tape before it degrades?

Thanks!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
There is more background “hiss” with tape, correct?

I don't think this is correct as a matter of general applicability.

My vinyl playback generally has a higher noise level than my tape playback. I think the quieter background noise level of my tape playback contributes helpfully to suspension of disbelief.

Reactions: Zeotrope

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing