Axpona 2024 who is going and why?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

I booked flight and hotel reservation for Axpona 2024 last night.

This is my first time to Axpona.

My prime target will be

1. Aris Cerat which I had not listend myself.

How good is Aurora and theire Dac and elextronice?

2. MBL

I like theiir 101E which sounds very musical but wish to listen to therir larger model.

3. Martin Logan

It had been a while since I listened to Martin Logan, thus want to have update on their electrostatic speakers.

4. Clarisis speakeer

I wnat to find out how good this planar speaker is.

5. Wof von Langa

I wish to get a filed coild speakers most likely original or replica of Western Electric.

But I als want to find out how good it is.

I had also got very good impression of Songer Audio field coil units.

It will be nice if Voxactive also display field coil unts.

.6 Bcach-SP

I have serious interest in this cross talke cancelling unit and Dac.

I wish to find out the effect myself.

There could be unexpected suprise as ohter audio show. ;)

I had lived in Chicago from 1998 to 2001 whete my son was born.

I had enjoyed nice audio shops over there.

I bought my Apogee Duetta Sig driven by Krell KSA 150.

It is one of the most musical audio system through my 45 years of Audiophile.

Last edited:

vintage_tube

Nov 1, 2012
East Coast
Booked flights and purchased 3 day event tickets -- haven't been to an audio show since the last RMAF event in 2019. So, looking forward to this one.

Bob

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
I haven’t booked yet, but I am planning to go. Mainly going to look at Dac’s as I’m looking to upgrade this year.

Reactions: thomask

Republicoftexas69

I may just be in town on business,

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017

I booked flight and hotel reservation for Axpona 2024 last night.

This is my first time to Axpona.

My prime target will be

1. Aris Cerat which I had not listend myself.

How good is Aurora and theire Dac and elextronice?

2. MBL

I like theiir 101E which sounds very musical but wish to listen to therir larger model.

3. Martin Logan

It had been a while since I listened to Martin Logan, thus want to have update on their electrostatic speakers.

4. Clarisis speakeer

I wnat to find out how good this planar speaker is.

5. Wof von Langa

I wish to get a filed coild speakers most likely original or replica of Western Electric.

But I als want to find out how good it is.

I had also got very good impression of Songer Audio field coil units.

It will be nice if Voxactive also display field coil unts.

.6 Bcach-SP

I have serious interest in this cross talke cancelling unit and Dac.

I wish to find out the effect myself.

There could be unexpected suprise as ohter audio show. ;)

I had lived in Chicago from 1998 to 2001 whete my son was born.

I had enjoyed nice audio shops over there.

I bought my Apogee Duetta Sig driven by Krell KSA 150.

It is one of the most musical audio system through my 45 years of Audiophile.
I will be going to AXPONA. If you have not been before, you are in for a treat. It is huge and there is a lot to see and hear. Lots of big rooms. It is actually hard to see everything in 3 days.

Based on your list and the fact that you own (or have owned) Apogee you may want to prepare your bank account. The Clarysis speakers are very impressive. Last year they had two rooms setup with them. I don't think anything can prepare a person for how much bass comes out of those panels. The Bacch SSP experience is very impressive as well. It produces a VERY wide soundstage. I would suggest either getting to the Bacch room very early or setting up an appointment as it is always busy and nobody wants to get up out of the center chair.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I will be going to AXPONA. If you have not been before, you are in for a treat. It is huge and there is a lot to see and hear. Lots of big rooms. It is actually hard to see everything in 3 days.

Based on your list and the fact that you own (or have owned) Apogee you may want to prepare your bank account. The Clarysis speakers are very impressive. Last year they had two rooms setup with them. I don't think anything can prepare a person for how much bass comes out of those panels. The Bacch SSP experience is very impressive as well. It produces a VERY wide soundstage. I would suggest either getting to the Bacch room very early or setting up an appointment as it is always busy and nobody wants to get up out of the center chair.
Thanks a lot for your tip.

I will go to Bacch room early since it it the product that I give the first priority.

Although I am curious how Clarisis, the chance is not high to get it since I am happy with my line array speaker.

But I consider setting up field coil units as second system on my third floor.

Thus I will look closely with speaker with field coil unit.

Last edited:

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
As we get closer to AXPONA, I will be publishing and disseminating my popular PDF version of the AXPONA exhibitors, floor-by-floor, room-by-room. Here is what last year's looked like:

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois

I’ve heard through the grapevine that Clarisys is planning on having the Minuet, Studio Plus and Auditorium at the show. I’ve got the Studio Plus and am really looking forward to hearing the auditoriums.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I’m going. I try to go every year, mostly using it as an excuse so I can get to Lou Malnati’s for deep dish. :D

Reactions: Sunra and Steveo

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I am focused on the Florida show for now.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
See you at that one, Lee. :)

Reactions: Lee

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
Aha!

I used to enjoy

Giordano's pizza when I was in Chicago from 1999 to 2001.​

I may try to find Giordano again this time.
There is a Giordanos and Lou Malnatis about 6 blocks from my house!!

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I like both. They are different. Maybe the edge goes to Lou’s.

if you are in downtown Chicago make sure to exercise caution. It is not the same as it was pre Covid.

Mcsnare

Apr 1, 2022
www.instagram.com

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
Reactions: thomask

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing