Aurender N20

1Biblestudy#

Feb 26, 2022
Looking to move up in the music server. Feelings, experience on N20 compared to Innous Zenth Mk 3 and Grimm MU1. I like that the N20 has AES/EBU connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperion
I have Aurender N20 and love it. After using and tried a bunch before, I have sticked to Aurender gears. They are very special and love their sound and conductor app. You can't go wrong with them. They are well priced ad built.

I have Aurender N20 and love it. After using and tried a bunch before, I have sticked to Aurender gears. They are very special and love their sound and conductor app. You can't go wrong with them. They are well priced ad built.
Beautiful, have you found if the power cord going to the server is critical as to preamp, or power amp?

Beautiful, have you found if the power cord going to the server is critical as to preamp, or power amp?
That is loaded question and you will hear different polarizing opinions from members with regard to power cables on different gears. Having said that, I found power cable makes most dramatic changes on power conditioner, pre-amp and DAC, followed by server and amp. This is in my system. You have to try different cables and decide for yourself. I use Echole Omnia for Aurender n20 and found it most musical.

For me, yes. In my system, the power cord on the N10 made the largest difference. You can see my system in my sig.

I'm going to try a new PC on my power conditioner in a few weeks and we'll see if I get better results on the conditioner or on my N10.

We've got all three units here.

I would consider the Aurender superior to both the InnuOS ZENith and Grimm MU1 in terms of (natural) sound characteristics, build quality and user experience. It also comes at a higher price tag.

Worth mentioning is that the Aurender N20 is close to the price of the InnuOS Statement here in Europe which is a more reasonable contender.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Reactions: Audire
I tested an N20 when I was considering upgrading from my (much cheaper) Auralic Aries Femto. I couldn't hear any improvement (or indeed difference) whatever. However, my system is unusual (sources feed directly into BeoLab 90 active speakers), so your mileage may vary considerably.

I could hear differences with the Auralic Aries G2.1, Taiko SGM Extreme, Pink Faun 2.16 Ultra and Lucas Domansky LDMS, and ended up buying the latter. It's more of a bespoke product than the others and retails (depending on the configuration) for slightly less than the N20.

My advice would be to test three or four different servers in your system before making any decision. The results can be quite surprising.

Reactions: keithc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing