Audiophile Fuses

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Ironic that Agon mgt would be upset about that, while knowingly allowing trolls to roam free.

KPC

Dec 4, 2019
San Francisco Bay Area
A QSA fuse review link:

QRA website:
Their fuses range from $29 to $10k (Yow)

I was targeting the "audio magic ultimate beeswax shd fuse" which a reviewer said beats the SR Blue fuse. But now I have to reevaluate aka wants vs wallet.

Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
A QSA fuse review link:

QRA website:

I was targeting the "audio magic ultimate beeswax shd fuse" which a reviewer said beats the SR Blue fuse. But now I have to reevaluate.
I have had SR Black, Blue and orange. I now have QSA yellow. IMO, the QSA yellow is better than the SR range. I can't speak to the new SR purple.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
A QSA fuse review link:

QRA website:

I was targeting the "audio magic ultimate beeswax shd fuse" which a reviewer said beats the SR Blue fuse. But now I have to reevaluate aka wants vs wallet.

The AM Ultimate is very different than the Blue, the latter having a cool, detailed sound. After burning it in, I sold the one I received. The Orange brought some welcome warmth and bypassed the Ultimate and the Blue in that regard and others (direct comparison with the Ultimate). I haven't heard either the AM Ultimate Premier except for a moment, or the SR Purple. The thing I found with the Premier is that it's fragile, which can come into play with a fuse holder that has tight clips (mine, purchased used, fell apart when pulling it out, and no one wanted to deal with it). The AM site marketing speaks to how many tries it takes to make one that holds together. I can't speak to the QSA fuses, except to say that the discussion thus far, as much as I recall, hasn't spoken fully to exactly how they're better and to their tonality (cool-neutral-warm continuum), the latter for me being the starting point. Until it does, or unless there is a 30-day return, I think caution is a wise approach, given the money involved. One other thing I don't know about the QSA is he's using silver. To each their listening preferences, and for me that means no silver or rhodium.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
A QSA fuse review link:

QRA website:

Thanks for the link KP
My violets and yellows are due on Monday so reading the review has me looking forward even more.
At the moment the line is drawn at Voilet but I am bound to be tempted by the Red after the review.
Hopefully hearing the violets and the yellows will spare my wallet for a while!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Haha , lol
I have opened the link , not much quantum science there .
More like chinese marketing ;).
As said before be carefull with your amp , i dont think Vitus will guarantee any mishaps.
Thanks.
The "science" described in the review didn't make much sense to me either, but I am not a scientist so it is interesting to have your perspective.
It would be understandable if the designer is unwilling to give much away given the competition in the after market fuses.
My Vitus supplier has looked after me very well for the last few years and they are giving me rave reviews which the latest review supports, but obviously you need to treat reviews with caution.
I have not had any problems with other after market fuses and which have delivered audible improvements so worth a trial.
I also noticed that the reviewer like myself is an Entreq user and his comments on how the QSA fuses lowered the noise on his system still further gives me additional motivation to try them.
So we we'll suck them and see!

KPC

Dec 4, 2019
San Francisco Bay Area
It's really crazy to think that a fuse can make so much of a sonic difference, seems like fuses are better than connecting with a straight wire - if that's the case, then then tech should be incorporated in audio components.

If it has to do with quantum physics I'll take a pass on trying to understand the process - I don't look good with steam coming out of my ears.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Just ordered 3 SR Purple fuses for my Diablo 300 Aqua LinQ and Formula DAC.
Hope this will make a difference.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Look forward to your listening notes Thieliste! Because we use the Sablon Audio Prince (all with SR Orange), I suppose you could say we have quite a lot of SR Orange in the system...8 cables in total I believe.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Curious if anybody's ever tried substituting their fuses with I think it's 8-ga solid core coppor wire?

I tried this on an int. amp about 7 or 8 years ago. The previous fuse was a relatively inexpensive aftermarket cryo-treated via the full-imersion method. I was impressed enough to leave it in for the duration of owning that amp but haven't tried it since. A little nervous about that tweak 'cuz the potential always exists for something to go awry internally.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
A QSA fuse review link:

QRA website:

I must say that $2844 for a set of two fuses does not sound like a bargain, but obviously I would have to give them a go to know for certain.

Last edited:

Phillyb

May 31, 2012
$2,844 for 2 fuses, really? Has much cost as saying a preamp, a turntable, an amp, or a DAC, a fuse right?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
If one has the money to spend -- and maybe $50K or $100K+ speakers -- them giving them a try might be very brainy.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
True. I guess it all depends on your starting point. If your whole audio set is worth $10k then incorporating a $2844 set of fuses seems imbalanced. However, when your reference point is $100k then it is a different story.

Reactions: Hilroy48

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing