Audio set up, help needed

vituzall

Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
Would like ask you for a help.
I have atoll in30 integrated amp with klipsch RP-600M, ify zen dac blue and Zphono (parasound) for my turntable are currently connected to atoll. I have just bought sennheiser hd650 and thinking of buying some headphone amp (most probably schiit magni or vali), how to integrate it to my setup, would pre out in atoll work for connecting headphone amp (would i be able mute klipsch speakers and just listen to headphones?), is there option to utilize the by-pass on atoll with that schiit headphone amp so i can get tube sound ? What would be the best option to incorporate headphone amp into my current setup. Sorry for stupid questions, im begginer and struggling to google such information.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I have the Schiit Magni headphone amp w my HD650 and highly recommend it.
You can use the line out of the int into the Magni For the cans. You can use a fixed volume output or Variable controlled by the preamp. Fixed out will allow you to turn down the volume to the speakers while u use cans. Vali is a hybrid amp, tube rolling doesn’t have much affect.. the Magni is very good.. leans to warm sounding, but detailed. bypassing the preamp would be best IMO, less mucking of the original signal.

vituzall

Dec 13, 2019
I have the Schiit Magni headphone amp w my HD650 and highly recommend it.
You can use the line out of the int into the Magni For the cans. You can use a fixed volume output or Variable controlled by the preamp. Fixed out will allow you to turn down the volume to the speakers while u use cans. Vali is a hybrid amp, tube rolling doesn’t have much affect.. the Magni is very good.. leans to warm sounding, but detailed. bypassing the preamp would be best IMO, less mucking of the original signal.
-Thanks for the reply, would you go for magni 3+ or heresy?
-How to use fixed(below option?) volume output or variable?
'MODE FUNCTIONS: MODE key of the front panel gives access to several setup : - Brief press: mute the speakers Outputs (use this function while listening with the headphones). A second push reactivates Outputs.' (its from atoll manual, http://www.atoll-electronique.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MOd-IN30-2012-GB.pdf)
-if I use the bypass on atoll, I would connect it to out on magni or vali right? but that would mean i can only connect one device (turntable or dac) to schiit, right? In your opinion, what would be better option for this setup. vali or magni

Much appreciated

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
-Thanks for the reply, would you go for magni 3+ or heresy?
-How to use fixed(below option?) volume output or variable?
'MODE FUNCTIONS: MODE key of the front panel gives access to several setup : - Brief press: mute the speakers Outputs (use this function while listening with the headphones). A second push reactivates Outputs.' (its from atoll manual, http://www.atoll-electronique.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MOd-IN30-2012-GB.pdf)
-if I use the bypass on atoll, I would connect it to out on magni or vali right? but that would mean i can only connect one device (turntable or dac) to schiit, right? In your opinion, what would be better option for this setup. vali or magni

Much appreciated
I have the previous Magni and haven’t heard the latest. The only difference is for the headphone ohm load. They should be similar in sound, but one is designed to drive difficult loads, like electrostats. It’s explained on the Schiit site.
Your preamp can act like the switcher for the headphone amp. You can just mute the spkrs and use headphone preamp. Select your source and it can play thru to the headphone amp.
Bypass mode on your Unit sounds like unity gain, where you just pass thru to another preamp Keeping the signal at full signal. hope this helps.. seems like you have the capability to do what you want with Your setup

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Hello,
Would like ask you for a help.
I have atoll in30 integrated amp with klipsch RP-600M, ify zen dac blue and Zphono (parasound) for my turntable are currently connected to atoll. I have just bought sennheiser hd650 and thinking of buying some headphone amp (most probably schiit magni or vali), how to integrate it to my setup, would pre out in atoll work for connecting headphone amp (would i be able mute klipsch speakers and just listen to headphones?), is there option to utilize the by-pass on atoll with that schiit headphone amp so i can get tube sound ? What would be the best option to incorporate headphone amp into my current setup. Sorry for stupid questions, im begginer and struggling to google such information.
Nice speakers the klipsch rp600m.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing