AUDIO NOTE (UK) Zero level transport and Day

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
I heard these the other day in concert with the New SORO SE Signature Integrated. I was very surprised by the sound quality, given the price of the ZERO digital twins and the integrated, as well. This is a nice budget (mid-priced?) system.

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Yesterday a friend brought me here, a Soro Phono SE, I was also very impressed with the equipment, excellent dynamics and extension of bass and treble!

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
I agree with you, I already had an AN Jinro at home, for the cost I did not like it, but this Soro Phono SE is very cheap, used it costs $ 4,000, you do not buy anything very good for this value!

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
I have a 4L ANK, not an example of finishing, but it's very good for a small portion of the cost of an AN UK!
Unfortunately the country where I live is very bureaucratic, so I only buy local representatives, besides not having problems with imports, it facilitates maintenance, maybe one day Aires has a representative in Brazil!

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
i can tell you, at least from my experience, the lower level Audio Note UK is fantastic and superior to many other similar components at their respective price point. Where things really jump to the next level sonically is with the Oto SE (which i believe is a level 2) amp. the harmonic texture, bass performance, sheer refinement and musical involvement of the Oto SE is simply incredible and punches way above its price point. indeed, there are other musical amps out there but if you want the best, at every respective price point, i cannot think of another manufacture that does it better then Audio Note UK.

As you go up the Audio Note UK levels they certainly do use better parts (just as any manufacture does) but they have many different circuit designs. they have amp designs that use valves ranging from the ECL82 all the way up to the 211! but yes, several of their finer amps do share the same circuit but use different materials in the transformers. for example, the Jinro integrated (level 3) (and I believe is one of the finest sounding amplifier on the planet) uses copper in the transformers, while the Tomei (level 4) uses a mix of copper and silver, and the Ongaku (level 5) uses all silver throughout. but the circuit design in these amps are the finest sounding in the world.

they make relatively affordable components and they make extremely expensive products, just like many other high-end audio manufactures. what Audio Note gets right and distinguishes them from other manufactures is they actually listen to their products, they don't rush to produce something ... they wait until they are confident they have designed or improved upon, they stick with what works and sounds the best and then work tirelessly to improve and perfect that.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing