Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
I wish I could have gone to this event, but I was out of town.

I used to live quite close to Audio Element, but now I am a distance further west.

Great shop and staff. I might have to head over there soon for a visit.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Simon,

We're going to have our Sasha DAW launch event in January. We're in San Diego, so not as convenient as Pasadena, but hopefully you'll be able to come down and see/hear them :)

cheers,
Alex

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hi Keith,

As has been said in later posts in this thread, there are numerous effective ways to design a loudspeaker. In focusing on both the spectral and temporal, Dave made (and documented) choices that for many traditionalists were less than conventional. Certainly the separate enclosures that facilitate simultaneous arrival times based on listening distance and height are an expensive way to skin that cat, but there was no other so effective. The crossovers he designed require that some drivers be hooked up in different electrical polarity for the best acoustic and measured impulse performance at the listener. Note too this varies by Wilson speaker/crossover. Dave felt he was pushing an envelope he first observed in the venerable Dahlquist DQ10.

Does it work? Clearly Wilson has many fans (and engineers) who believe it does. We have no issue with demonstrating the importance of alignment at the listener and do so on a regular basis.

But the 6dB/octave crowd believes it does not and that's ok too. You pay your money, you take your choice, and hopefully enjoy your music.

Bill

Thanks for the explanation, Bill.

I very much enjoyed the DAW and think its a significant step up from prior Wilson speakers.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's a nice store in Pasadena from Ron's pictures. I like the long room, it is tastefully decorated, charming, cosy, spacious, nice wood floor, tall ceilings, pleasant paint colors, ...everything very nice.
Thanks Ron. It looks coherent with good folks around and live music :cool:
Seems to be a good friendly neighborhood, and store's owners.
_____

Nice post Francisco on the previous page on Wilson Audio loudspeakers and time coherence.
Yes, Michael Fremer is not an audio scientist expert, Floyd Toole is.
Yes, John Atkinson measurements of speakers are just a rough guide and his input on Wilson speaker's reviews is part collaboration with the manufacturer and designer.
Yes, my intentions are always good; to learn from the best, people like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I wish I could have gone to this event, but I was out of town.

I used to live quite close to Audio Element, but now I am a distance further west.

Great shop and staff. I might have to head over there soon for a visit.

The Sasha DAWs at Audio Element belong to them. They are on permanent display. They'll be ready to play when you get there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing