Atma-Sphere MA-2 Amplifier

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
Perhaps you could just acquire some socket riser plugs to raise up a couple of the tubes. That’s what I’m doing
Good idea thanks. As I don't plan to ever sell mine I think I will do the resistor upgrade next year, and possibly have them rewired in silver wire.

Best amps in the world maybe.

1000007626.jpg
1000007627.jpg

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Reactions: Nuforce

Dennis Meijer

Mar 5, 2024
The Neterlands
Perhaps you could just acquire some socket riser plugs to raise up a couple of the tubes. That’s what I’m doing
On the MA-1 there is little space between the tubes. The other 6SN7s from S4A are not narrow either, so that will require trial and error. Ordered 4 pieces. I will also try them in the MP-1, although I am very satisfied with my old Foton's. I have struggled to find three ribbed anode versions from '51. I'm curious what the Linlai’s can say in return.

Dennis Meijer

Mar 5, 2024
The Neterlands
Good idea thanks. As I don't plan to ever sell mine I think I will do the resistor upgrade next year, and possibly have them rewired in silver wire.

Best amps in the world maybe.

View attachment 127102
View attachment 127103
As far as I'm concerned, they're not going to leave our house until I'm dead. At least that's the plan. This applies at least as much to the MP-1. This is crucial for the sound of my entire set. On Monday, the baby will be transported home from Ralph again after an update. I used the pre of the Aurender for a while, but it really doesn't come close, not even a little, to the MP-1.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I must audition the MP-1 at some point. I use a KR Audio P135 with 46 globes.

Dennis Meijer

Mar 5, 2024
The Neterlands
I must audition the MP-1 at some point. I use a KR Audio P135 with 46 globes.
I don't know your pre-amp, but I have had the MP-1 for 16 years now and every time I enjoy the enormously wide and deep listening window, the high involvement, etc. I have not yet come across anything that suits me better, but to be honest, I I'm no longer looking for better. I now have an MP-3 from a friend that I am fitting with new tubes. This one is f...ing good in itself. In short, I have been hooked from day 1. I might give this a listen. I would like to invite you, but it's not nearby, so to speak.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Now all I need is enough PV capture and energy cell storage to offset my MA-1s! :)

Reactions: Rob181

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing