Are We Doomed?

Thanks Frantz :)

I've been told I'm an old soul. It must be because I'm the youngest of the brood and the age gap with my nearest sibling is pretty big at 5 years. My youngest is the same way. There must be something about being surrounded by lots of older people and being showered with lots and lots of attention being everybody's "baby" growing up. You also learn really quickly how not to get bullied! Situational awareness is priceless! LOL!

I was bringing house and trip hop cds to Dr Williams house 10 years ago- still considered classics :)

Im not into the rock star status djs that just press play these days. In fact, vinyl is making a huge resurgence in underground deep techno like Seth Troxler and Jamie Jones.

I was bringing house and trip hop cds to Dr Williams house 10 years ago- still considered classics :)

Im not into the rock star status djs that just press play these days. In fact, vinyl is making a huge resurgence in underground deep techno like Seth Troxler and Jamie Jones.

True Keith. Some are producers just forced to tour. Remember the David Guetta scandal? Talk about just pressing play! His other deck was OFF!

My highest admiration is for the guys that are both highly talented performers but also composers and producers. Guys like the USA's Markus Schultz for example and of course our common fave Daft Punk. BT, ATB, Josh Gabriel, Andy Duguid, Gareth Emery, there are so many with great artist and not just performance albums. That's not even counting the old guard from our time on the floor.

Most disturbing are the people that think being a DJ is something that they can just do overnight. Take Paris Hilton. AfroJack had lots to say about here knob tweaking, arm waving and well, just her total lack of ability. LOL!

Avicii is still a kid. I think of him as the Bieber of the genre. Got famous because he was only 16 and the teeny boppers found him cute. He has one contemporary from the UK, Will Holland, that I think is better all around but isn't that famous yet. There's hope though.

Looking at Above & Beyond, one guy looks like a younger Steven Spielberg, one guy looks like an observer from Fringe and one guy looks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Hey, they made it right? :D

True Keith. Some are producers just forced to tour. Remember the David Guetta scandal? Talk about just pressing play! His other deck was OFF!

My highest admiration is for the guys that are both highly talented performers but also composers and producers. Guys like the USA's Markus Schultz for example and of course our common fave Daft Punk. BT, ATB, Josh Gabriel, Andy Duguid, Gareth Emery, there are so many with great artist and not just performance albums. That's not even counting the old guard from our time on the floor.

Most disturbing are the people that think being a DJ is something that they can just do overnight. Take Paris Hilton. AfroJack had lots to say about here knob tweaking, arm waving and well, just her total lack of ability. LOL!

Avicii is still a kid. I think of him as the Bieber of the genre. Got famous because he was only 16 and the teeny boppers found him cute. He has one contemporary from the UK, Will Holland, that I think is better all around but isn't that famous yet. There's hope though.

Looking at Above & Beyond, one guy looks like a younger Steven Spielberg, one guy looks like an observer from Fringe and one guy looks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Hey, they made it right? :D

Anyone who has been around the last 30 years know the outside music scene died when Jerry died. God rest his soul.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing