Anyone Want To Talk NFL Playoffs And Superbowl Predictions

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It has been a very interesting year for football especially since I live in the area and am a 49r's fan. Who would have predicted at the onset of the season that the 49r's would be division champs with a hope of getting finally into the playoffs? I must say that I have enjoyed watching them play this year. Having said that IMO Alex Smith is not the QB who will lead them to the hallowed land. He has had some moments of better than average performances but is just not a great quarterback. Nonetheless he has the backing of his coach and a steady offensive co-ordinator. I look for them to go beyond the first round but who knows after that. It's tough to not think of the Packers as repeating as Aaron Rogers IMO looks better than he did last year.

What happened to the Eagles and Michael Vick (last I looked they still have a mathematical chance at the playoffs

How about the Colts in the presence of Eli Manning's injury. They finally won last night and avoid a winless season but will still probably get the first round draft choice.

Anyone feel the AFC has a chance to win it all and if so which team?

Any how, just some thoughts and questions as I know there are a lot of football fans here

Oh and my prediction to win the Super Bowl.... Green Bay

Bring on those Super Bowl commercials

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
After the 49'er win on MNF over the Steelers I do think there is a 50/50 chance the 49er's can win the Super Bowl this year. Alex Smith might not be a Tom Brady but he can certainly make enough throws to score 28 points and that should be good enough with their defense. I don't think Green Bay will repeat this year and my number 2 choice in the NFC is the Saints, with the Eagles a long shot if they win their division.

In the AFC I see New England,the Ravens and the Steelers as 1,2,3 with the Chargers as a long shot.

Super Bowl: New England 24 49er's 31

p.s. disclaimer I have been a 49er fan since I was 5 years old. Johnny Strzykalski, and Bob St. Clair taught me how to swim.....great guys. It's nice to see the Niners playing 49er winning football again!

Xki

Feb 18, 2011
Titletown
Packers vs New England.

The 49ers are doing great again but, we - up here in GB - know what's going to happen. We may be nuts. We always expect a win.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

The Patriots are, as has become customary, at it again: Just going on beating up teams in such a systematic fashion it doesn't even register. Their defense, however is suspect and gives up too many big plays ... An unusual situation with Bill Belischick as coach ... The Packers look good and consistent .. If it comes to the Patriots against the Packers, the Packers will win...

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Been a 49er fan in the times of Montana, Rice, Craig etc. Haven't been up to date with the NFL since then but now that they are contending again, I hope they move up to the top again. Sadly, ESPN has not been broadcasting any NFL games for the past few years so I guess I'll just be reading about it on the net.

Steve Williams

Been a 49er fan in the times of Montana, Rice, Craig etc. Haven't been up to date with the NFL since then but now that they are contending again, I hope they move up to the top again. Sadly, ESPN has not been broadcasting any NFL games for the past few years so I guess I'll just be reading about it on the net.
You need to talk to Jack and Jim about that :)

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I believe that my Broncos will clinch the Western Division with a win today and possibly win a first round game. Ultimately it will be the Ravens and Packers in the Super Bowl and the Packers will win.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You need to talk to Jack and Jim about that :)

Great idea, Steve. Why didn't I think of that? They should actually start their own cable sports channel here. :)

Steve Williams

I believe that my Broncos will clinch the Western Division with a win today and possibly win a first round game. Ultimately it will be the Ravens and Packers in the Super Bowl and the Packers will win.

Broncos got killed today.

As the saying goes, " on any given Sunday"

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Broncos got killed today.

As the saying goes, " on any given Sunday"

Tim Tebow has not convinced me yet .. Not just yet... His accuracy is very suspect ... He hasn't proven he can win from the pocket .. As for the Bills, their season is some kind of a fluke: They are much better than they've played or that their record indicate...
I think teams are figuring out how to play Tebow: Dare him to throw the ball deep .. They don't have a mid-field game really, no short pass which requires good timing and good footwork , something I think he lacks, so far. So teams will shade him with fast linebackers and contain him . You do that with Cam Newton, one of the best rookie quaterback I have seen and one with greatness written all over him or Michael Vick and you would be mauled ... His understanding of the game leaves a lot to be desired too... I am waiting for his second season before making up my mind so far .. He has so far proven to be a below average quaterback and a decent running back ...
As for the Pats .. They , again, won.. Their defense did give up big plays .. If they get in shootout with teams like the Steelers or the Packers they will lose ... Still, they may end up in the Superbowl..

I am pleased my Giants won and I want them to beat the Cowboys. I don't see them going too far ... I am sorry to see Philly out of the playoffs. I think that people should look out for the Saints,a surging team. They seem to be gathering steam late in the season ..They look stunning with a good defense and a brutally efficient offense ... I think it is a toss between them and the Packers for the NFC crown ...

Steve Williams

Frantz

What are your thoughts on the 49rs

They look good today and as I type this they have yet to give up a rushing TD

Only concern is their inability to score inside the Red Zone. Same problem against the Steelers earlier this week

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Alex Smith is inadequately skilled for his position. The Niners will lose to either Green Bay or New Orleans in the second round of the playoffs. Harbaugh and the Niners management ought to make a CP3 type trade in order to draft Luck, i.e., give up a whole bunch of good players and draft picks.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

My exact feeling about Alex Smith. A decent second string not much else. Will not take the 49rs to the promise land. i don't see them passing by GB or NO ... The Colts will not give up Luck .. The situation may be very strained akin to those Joe Montana/Steve Young or Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers .. usually the older QB leaves ... Indy will likely do the same...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think that Harbaugh deserves coach of the year. What he has done with the team is nothing short of miraculous, considering last years team! And yes, NO vs GB, given their respective defenses, might be the shootout of all shootouts. Last one with the ball wins.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I agree about coach of the year

I also think the Jets should get rid of Rex Ryan

Me thinks the Giants should get rid of Coughlin and hire Cowher. Then let Cowher bring Jack del Rio in as his defensive coordinator!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Forty years ago today I went to my first football game.

My Dad got tickets to what turned out to be the final game at the old Memorial Stadium. Most people considered that year's Chief's team the best ever, even better than the Super Bowl winning team of two years before. The game featured 12 future Hall of Famers but the star of the game was Ed Podolak who had 350 yards of total offense. Our team's future Hall of Fame kicker had two chances to win the game -- and missed. It turned out to be the longest game ever played. The Chiefs lost in double overtime.

Forty years ago today was the first time I ever saw a grown man cry. Little did I know it was a premonition for the next 40 years of being a Chief's fan.

Forty years ago today I went to my first football game.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing