Anyone ever see this?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So I finally cracked the seal on my Cream-Royal Albert Hall 2005 boxset and found this on Disc One:

IMG_0237.JPGIMG_0239.JPGIMG_0243.JPG

I didn't even try to clean it, much less play it, so I sent an email to Reprise (WEA) asking for a replacement.

It looks like carbon dust to me, but it's embedded.

Probably won't affect a thing regarding playback. It's in the vinyl as far as I can tell. If the grooves look normal, you have nothing to worry about audible wise.

So I finally cracked the seal on my Cream-Royal Albert Hall 2005 boxset and found this on Disc One:

I didn't even try to clean it, much less play it, so I sent an email to Reprise (WEA) asking for a replacement.

It looks like carbon dust to me, but it's embedded.

I have a little of it on a white vinyl Rolling Stones re-release I got recently. Not nearly as much as that. Didn't affect the sound at all though. In fact the vinyl was very quiet.

I have a sealed set down in Texas, haven't opened it yet- I'll look at mine when I get back down there.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm going to hold off on cleaning/playing it until I hear back from Warner Bros (reprise). I'm hoping they can send me a replacement. I just thoroughly inspected all 3 discs in natural light and there is indeed some of the same on Disc 2 and 3, but very minor in comparison.

Well, well, well!!!! WEA Canada finally got back to me. They said to return my boxset to them as they have a clean copy for me. Woohoo!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing