anybody else see the live 4k College Football game Saturday Night?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Miami of Ohio at Iowa. this was from my cable provider Xfinity with their top level set-top box with my 65" Sony 4K A1E screen upstairs in my barn. it's a pretty good TV, but there are now some even better. i don't watch TV with my 10' wide 4K JVC projector in my home theater......only movies.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

holy guacamole! night live sports + 4K HDR = an amazing reach out and touch it picture. the bright colors and live setting takes things to another level. there were lots of studders and other niggles to pick but when it was right i could hardly believe it.

when they have it........NFL on 4K HDR will rock the world! it will wreck you to watch it any other way once you see it. looks like Thursday Night Football will be broadcast in 4k starting later this month. not sure yet how to get it. might be on line and not cable.

then today i watched EPL Football, Arsenal vs Tottingham in 4k. also exceptional but this was daytime so the colors did not pop like the nighttime USA College Football.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazdoc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing