Any experience with Panasonic DP-UB9000 movie player?

Solecky

Nov 30, 2020
Looking to purchase a Panasonic DP-UB9000 movie disc player. i only want to use it for video and have the movie sound fed through my standalone dac for the improved sound quality (esoteric k01xd dac). any experience with this?

Solecky

Nov 30, 2020
Ore clarification

I ordered a esoteric k01xd dac/transport, if I also buy a Panasonic DP-UB9000 for playing movies can I bypass the Panasonic dac and play the movie audio through k01xd (for improved sound quality) when watching movies via the Panasonic? I see the Esoteric has 2 digital inputs RCA and optical. The Panasonic has an optical and coaxial output. Therefore what I want to do is feed video to my TV via HDMI from Panasonic but feed audio from Panasonic to esoteric via one of the connections previously mentioned so I can listen to movies via my 2 channel system through the esoteric dac and not the Panasonic dac.

Currently I have an Ayre dx5 Blu-ray player for movies via hdmi but movie audio plays through an Ayre QX5 via AES/EBU CABLE. it works great but the esoteric does not have AES/EBU input and the dx5 does not have any other digital outputs so I cannot get it to play movie audio through esoteric which is why I am looking to buy the Panasonic

Billinge

Aug 15, 2021
I have a UB9000, video hdmi goes to tv via a hdfury diva, audio hdmi goes direct to my soundbar. The Hdfury allows me to see what signal and edid is used for a particular configuration

You want to use a DAC instead of soundbar? My tv only supports 5.1 which is why I use direct audio connection
Is that what you mean? If so then yes provided you enable it in the menu

I think the cheaper 820 does this as well

update: lol, just spotted the date!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing