Amir Rant: Insurance companies

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So my insurance company sends me email yesterday at 10:24 am to fill out a survey. I hit on the link there at almost exactly the same time today, 24 hours later. It starts like this:

"Dear Amir Majidimehr,

As a valued member of Premera Blue Cross, we want to hear from you. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our members. As part of this effort, we are conducting a member satisfaction study to find out what we can do to improve the service we provide to you. Your opinion is very important to us. "

So I click on the link and the first thing it does is ask me for an ID. The ID was in the email but why in the heck is it not embedded in the link? Ever see those question marks in the URL in your browser? That is a way to pass parameters to the web page. The ID could have very well been included that way, rather than having me copy and past it manually. Why would they hire a research company who doesn't know how to do the basics right? I have filled out countless surveys and they always include them in the URL.

That aside, this is how I am greeted:

Are you kidding me? What happened? Did anyone who knew how to make even an elementary web page get fired? This is the entire web page for the survey? No identity of who it is? No layout. No formatting. No color. Just the word "Id?" How do I know this is not a fishing site?

Already in bad mood, I paste the code and this is the atrocity that greets me:

"Thank you for your interest in our survey. Unfortunately, we have filled our quota that matches your profile. We hope that you will consider participating in future surveys.
You may now close your browser."

If I did not value my computer, I would have punched out the screen! You filled out your quota? What quota? 24 hours later you don't have any use for my data? What bad thing would happen if you received my feedback? Your hard disk explodes out of storying 500 bytes of data? What happened to "my opinion being important to them?"

And oh, I may close my browser now? Thank you for the permission. I didn't think I could do that without you telling me.

Considering participating in your future surveys? You must be out of your mind.

This is the same company by the way that sent me a letter saying all of our records were probably compromised. And that is that. Likely there were people lining up to fill out the survey to tell them what they think of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing