Justified
Louie
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
AFI Special Awards

Harry Potter series
The Artist

What do you think

IMO this was a lean year for movies but if I were to go out on a limb the best movie which I feel will win the Oscar in just about every major category will be The Help

As for TV shows, hands down two years in a row there is just nothing that even comes close to Boardwalk Empire

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
AFI Movies of the Year (in alphabetical order):

Bridesmaids
The Descendants
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Help
Hugo
J. Edgar
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

AFI TV Programs of the Year (in alphabetical order):

Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife
Homeland
Justified
Louie
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
AFI Special Awards

Harry Potter series
The Artist

What do you think

IMO this was a lean year for movies but if I were to go out on a limb the best movie which I feel will win the Oscar in just about every major category will be The Help

As for TV shows, hands down two years in a row there is just nothing that even comes close to Boardwalk Empire

I'm pathetically out of touch. Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and a couple of Episodes of Breaking Bad is all I've seen from that list. I'd still agree with your assessment of Boardwalk Empire, though. Some of the best TV ever.

Tim

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Breaking Bad is pretty underestimated. Manages to be scary, cynical and funny at the same time.

It follows the arc of a mocked, beleaguered high school chemistry teacher (aka nerd) with lung cancer who gradually becomes, through wit, luck and persistence, an increasingly dangerous drug manufacturer to support his family.

The gorgeous photography is like a slow moving Zen sculpture, and the performances are spot perfect.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing