Alsyvox planars...prepare to sell your Magico's, YG's, Wilson's, Cessaro's. Maggie's, and all others!!

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
I was so impressed by their Munich 2018 presentation that I tried to invest in the company, but it was difficult if you were not a NZ resident. I’ve been waiting expectantly ever since for their first speaker to emerge. It’s almost here . . .

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
How about opening an own thread for wing acoustics and not discuss this interesting matter in an AlsyVox thread?

Reactions: BruceD

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I was so impressed by their Munich 2018 presentation that I tried to invest in the company, but it was difficult if you were not a NZ resident. I’ve been waiting expectantly ever since for their first speaker to emerge. It’s almost here . . .
They showed in Munich 2018?
I completely missed that obviously :oops:
Can you elaborate some about this in a new own thread?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Fair comment. It was not my intention to hi jack the thread.
No Problem at all.
I just find it a pity for the interesting info being buried and hidden in this thread.
I would love to learn more in an appropriate thread ;)

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Yes just requested the Mods move #761 to the new Wing thread--

Apologies to the original Thread Poster

BruceD

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Yes just requested the Mods move #761 to the new Wing thread--

Apologies to the original Thread Poster

BruceD
Excellent idea :cool:

Reactions: BruceD and iansr

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi Davey,
Yes, I agree. I heard theses during a brief visit to RMAF. Amazing speakers. I was especially surprised by the lifelike, rich tonality and bass.

Blew everything else away by a mile. So lifelike!

But the real question is whether guys can find the courage to step away from the bandwagon of Wilson, Magico, and Sonus boxes and go with a panel.

William Kucharski

Dec 17, 2015
I don't think there's any question about the "courage" to purchase one; I've been thinking about it for a while now.

The bigger issue for me is if I purchase a pair and it has issues, how do I get it serviced, given they are a very small company and Daniele can only be so many places at once? Shipping it to Europe is not a cheap endeavor, but Daniele isn't going to fly over with a suitcase of spare parts to fix whatever might have gone wrong, either.

Even people for whom buying a Ferrari would be the equivalent of purchasing a stick of gum would likely hesitate if repairs required shipping it back to Italy…

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I don't think there's any question about the "courage" to purchase one; I've been thinking about it for a while now.

The bigger issue for me is if I purchase a pair and it has issues, how do I get it serviced, given they are a very small company and Daniele can only be so many places at once? Shipping it to Europe is not a cheap endeavor, but Daniele isn't going to fly over with a suitcase of spare parts to fix whatever might have gone wrong, either.

Hi William,

Not sure where you reside?

If you are located in the US regarding service for the Alsyvox speakers, there are not any discrete parts that are replaced in any of the Alsyvox models.

Completed assemblies would be replaced if necessary, which has not occurred to this point, if a problem did arise. Service in the US is covered during the warranty period on site at the customer's home at no charge to the customer.

Rhapsody provides technical support for the Alsyvox products in the US whether covered by warranty or for normal industry charges for non-warranty service work. The speakers would never be sent to our US repair center or shipped back to Spain. Any required service work would be completed in the customer's home.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding service or pm me if you prefer.

Btw, Daniele was just here for RMAF, he and his wife Paola will be making regular trips to the US and NYC where Rhapsody is located. We also just signed up for an "Alsyvox room" at the upcoming at Axpona '20.

William Kucharski

Dec 17, 2015
Awesome!

As you well know, in the US for almost all brands, if repairs are required, you (the owner) are responsible for getting the equipment to either your dealer or the factory for repair. This historically has applied to even difficult to ship speakers like Apogees.

For example, from the Wilson Sasha™ DAW owner's manual:
Most repairs can be made in the field. In instances where return to Wilson Audio’s factory is required, the dealer or customer must first obtain a return authorization. Purchaser must pay for shipping to Wilson Audio, and Wilson Audio will pay for shipping of its choice to return the product to purchaser.

Sasha™ DAW Installation and Care Guide

If Rhapsody's policy is to perform all Alsyvox repairs in the field, you should make that widely known; that would be a significant selling point and of great reassurance to potential US customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhapsody

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Even people for whom buying a Ferrari would be the equivalent of purchasing a stick of gum would likely hesitate if repairs required shipping it back to Italy…
Those people would rather buy a new pair, probably the next bigger or the biggest model, than deal with the hassle of shipping the broken pair around the world :rolleyes:
This certainly only if they really like the one they have ;)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I have several customers that have Ferraris and even bugatti and basically you name it with cars or jet airplanes and the ones that I know not one of them if something which damage under speaker would just buy a new one. They would just have the one that they own repaired and most likely on sight unless it had to go back to manufacture and then that would be arranged as well.

Of course that is just a small sampling of customers that i happen to know.
But they don't want to have to do anything with the handling.
They have their dealer to do that, right? ;)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Those people would rather buy a new pair, probably the next bigger or the biggest model, than deal with the hassle of shipping the broken pair around the world :rolleyes:
This certainly only if they really like the one they have ;)
I have several customers that have Ferraris and even Bugatti, basically you name it with cars or jet airplanes and the ones that I know not one of them if something was damaged wit their speakers would just buy a new one. They would just have the one that they own repaired and most likely on sight unless it had to go back to manufacture and then that would be arranged as well.

Of course that is just a small sampling of customers that i happen to know.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
But they don't want to have to do anything with the handling.
They have their dealer to do that, right? ;)
Yes they would not do anything more than a phone call or in a lot of cases have their assistant make the phone call haha

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Awesome!

As you well know, in the US for almost all brands, if repairs are required, you (the owner) are responsible for getting the equipment to either your dealer or the factory for repair. This historically has applied to even difficult to ship speakers like Apogees.

For example, from the Wilson Sasha™ DAW owner's manual:

If Rhapsody's policy is to perform all Alsyvox repairs in the field, you should make that widely known; that would be a significant selling point and of great reassurance to potential US customers.

I'm sorry, William, but you're comparing apples and oranges here. Wilson Audio operates a network of dealers throughout the world, and they rely on them to service the end-users, thus the wording on the manual. And that wording is likely there probably due to the nature of the litigation-happy society we live in.

The brand discussed in this thread operates much closer to a direct sale model as it can be, so no extensive network, so the policy described by Rhapsody does make a lot of sense.

Just FYI, I'm a Wilson dealer, and I've had drivers shipped overnight from Utah and done out-of-warranty work for my clients, in their home. No need to ship speakers anywhere.

William Kucharski

Dec 17, 2015
I'm sorry, William, but you're comparing apples and oranges here. Wilson Audio operates a network of dealers throughout the world, and they rely on them to service the end-users, thus the wording on the manual. And that wording is likely there probably due to the nature of the litigation-happy society we live in.

The brand discussed in this thread operates much closer to a direct sale model as it can be, so no extensive network, so the policy described by Rhapsody does make a lot of sense.

Just FYI, I'm a Wilson dealer, and I've had drivers shipped overnight from Utah and done out-of-warranty work for my clients, in their home. No need to ship speakers anywhere.

I know someone who had the paint finish start to fail on v1 Alexias. It was obviously a factory defect, and his dealer had to eat the cost of picking them up and shipping them back to Utah.

However, if he hadn't had a nearby dealer, that would have been much more expensive for them; certainly most dealers are willing to eat the cost of delivering and setting up the speakers but picking them up and shipping them then reinstalling them after? It depends on how far away you are.

Easy if you live in a big city, maybe not if you live someplace like Gillette, WY.

Reactions: Rhapsody

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I know someone who had the paint finish start to fail on v1 Alexias. It was obviously a factory defect, and his dealer had to eat the cost of picking them up and shipping them back to Utah.

However, if he hadn't had a nearby dealer, that would have been much more expensive for them; certainly most dealers are willing to eat the cost of delivering and setting up the speakers but picking them up and shipping them then reinstalling them after? It depends on how far away you are.

Easy if you live in a big city, maybe not if you live someplace like Gillette, WY.

You're just proving my point. The dealer ate the cost, as he should. That's why he's a dealer. That's why he makes a margin.

All of this stuff we're talking about, the service part, including Rhapsody's, is not free. You pay for it. It's built into the price of the product.

Wilson knows this, so there's no territories anymore. I can service Gillette, WY from San Diego, CA, no problem.

William Kucharski

Dec 17, 2015
You're just proving my point. The dealer ate the cost, as he should. That's why he's a dealer. That's why he makes a margin.

Wilson knows this, so there's no territories anymore. I can service Gillette, WY from San Diego, CA, no problem.

That's great but once again is also dependent upon the dealer.

I don't want to assume, but I suspect you wouldn't be willing to help the theoretical Wyoming customer if they bought their speakers from another dealer who was only willing to help after paying a $500 trip charge; Wilsons are heavy but I could re-crate and ship them for less than that.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing