Albarry Music,who knows?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Alberry Music was one very good England company,now closed, that produced one mono amp of 40 watt and another of 60 watt and 2 preamp,one stereo and one dual mono with external supply.
I had mono amp of 40 watt,30 years ago and i remember sound very neutral,transparent and very musical.
Never listen his preamp.
Yesterday i tried near perfect at very good price and i bought mono amp with dual mono preamp with external supply
I like a lot to collect,and use sometimes,this cheap and beautiful old amps.
I will use with Quad Corner Ribbon,to alternate

The look is awesome

Attachments

• IMG_8474.jpg
    IMG_8474.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: CKKeung and Cantus

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I remember when Albert and Barry from bespoke audio in Stockport had a breadboard version of the amp designed by Neil Burnett playing in the shop and the potential was evident even at that early stage of development.
Sorry to hear about Neil’s passing. An unsung gifted designer

Reactions: Cantus

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Connected now very fast to check first if is all ok,and big surprise their sound

Very neutral,transparent,very dynamic and good bass.
Not refined like the top new amp and scene not very good,sound little on the speaker,
but for 1.500 euro incredible look and sound

Attachments

• IMG_8544.jpg
    IMG_8544.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Cantus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing