Active vs passive speaker set ups

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Why only $80000? That doesn't sound like no-compromise to me.

That's the price point I came to based on my research to build an active system that can beat the very best 2 channel passive systems at the same price point, and use the component's I want to use.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
extremely bold claim considering the forum you are posting on. what are their reference systems?

Various system's over the period of decades for some.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
That's the price point I came to based on my research to build an active system that can beat the very best 2 channel passive systems at the same price point, and use the component's I want to use.

Well, I wish you good luck (honestly!). And would call out to the gents: Watch out, maybe Blizzard WILL be the next big designer.
However, I am not sure the big designers brag - or am I just too European:cool:

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Well, I wish you good luck (honestly!). And would call out to the gents: Watch out, maybe Blizzard WILL be the next big designer.
However, I am not sure the big designers brag - or am I just too European:cool:

No bragging here. I was asked why I'm going with the $80000 price point, and I answered. There's many ways to skin a cat, I'm just simply working on my way of doing things. Will they be the best available at $80000? not for everyone. This is because everyone has different tastes. But if your going to set a goal, a good starting point should be to achieve higher performance than your competitors are offering at the same price point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing