ABSOLARE 845 , AIR TIGHT 3211 or JADIS 845 NEC

Dreamaudio

Nov 26, 2014
Hi Everyone. Im on a short listing of the above preferred monoblock amps to drive my Avantagarde TrioXD with Sub 231. The room size is around 5 x 6.5 meters with other gears nagra HD preamp , nagra HD DAC X , AURENDER W20 , Kronos Turntable and DS Audio Grand Master cartridge , Emm Labs Phono EQ and all Jorma Prime and Statement cables.
Your suggestions , experience , and recommendations are highly appreciated. Thanks

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi,
Sorry I am late to the party here... the reason, obviously, why no one has responded is that no one has compared this gear in the same system.

I have only heard these amps at shows. They are all great! You don't want to leave the room and just stay and listen.

My advice is simple: buy the cheapest one! I think this would be the Jadis 845s, which are like $30K or so.

The others are definitely different, but not necessarily better. But without comparing you will never know, and you may not want to know, as Air Tight are about 3 times the price of the spectacular Jadis 845s.

RDSChicago

Nov 12, 2013
I just purchased the MasterSound PF100’s, 120 watt monoblocks of 845 tube output (4 845’s per amp). Parallel SET topology. Couldn’t be happier. Matched it with the MasterSound Spettro preamp. Highly recommended.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing