Abbas dac 2.1 se

Carnelian

Nov 18, 2020
Just heard from Abbas. He says hes ok and that hes on the safe side of Kiev.
That’s really good to hear. From the news, there doesn’t seem to be a “safe” side of anywhere there right now.

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
Thank you Jespera for another insight, its a great set up you have, congratulations!
United on the Abbas front terrific sound and boy those tannoys are something.
How are you running your Auralic,? with Abbas usb convertor or with SPIDF to DAC

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Thank you Jespera for another insight, its a great set up you have, congratulations!
United on the Abbas front terrific sound and boy those tannoys are something.
How are you running your Auralic,? with Abbas usb convertor or with SPIDF to DAC

Thank you sir!

Yes those tannoys have presence visually and sonically. The crossovers were done by abbas.

I run the auralic into an abbas usb-spdif converter and then to the dac 3.2.

Reactions: Artnet

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
Yes those tannoys have presence visually and sonically. The crossovers were done by abbas.

I run the auralic into an abbas usb-spdif converter and then to the dac 3.2.
I was admiring the timber boxes and love an external crossover, you are V fortunate indeed.
Curious you prefer to maintain a USB connection but not surprised given the excellence of the converter!
Ps! Friend of mine reports good results using an abbas clock for an etherregen switch:
I am slow into streaming but an interesting read thank you.
Regards Stephen

Reactions: jespera

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
In my case the abbas valve clocked usb-spdif adds a bit of extra life to the presentation. Something thats welcome with digital in general and streaming in particular. Not sure that it’ll work in all setups, though.

Streaming is the perfect excuse for more boxes, power supplies and cables …

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
In my case the abbas valve clocked usb-spdif adds a bit of extra life to the presentation. Something thats welcome with digital in general and streaming in particular.
Totally agree and glad to hear you think it adds something to the presentation. I still have a kit version of his usb convertor to put together and need to get it happening.

Not sure I need more boxes (excluding external crossovers always welcome). Part of my hesitation more chords etc.

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
I have found an even more natural and organic dac than my Abbas Audio 4.1 SE.

With a few hours of listening to the acuhorn I put the 4.1 up for sale.

Piano upper keys sound even more real, information retrieval on a different level, and instrument separation the best I have heard.

I loved my Abbas but this dac is clearly superior, worth investigating.

PXL_20220428_114908728.jpg PXL_20220428_114423482.jpg

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
Hi , It looks an interesting DAC, but not sure it is a reasonable comparison to a 4.1.
Certainly I would expect a lot of at this price point. Some interesting reviews to read and glad its working in your hifi journey.
Increasingly I am curious about synergy in a system both in the analogue but particularly the digital realm where box accumulation can for me overwhelm the enjoyment of music. Somethings seem to work somethings don't.
I like the small form factor, but for me am still craving the larger Abbas 3.2. Its difficult to know how the situation there will turn out for us all really. The piano remains a calming influence!
Enjoy
Regards Stephen

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing