Abbas dac 2.1 se

I found a calculation for converting voltage gain ratio into decibels. Going from the Yamamoto (3.2V) to the Abbas (4.5V)=4.5/3.2=1.4 ratio, this will mean a 2.92 db of added gain for my system. I can live with that.
Terrific, sounds like its sorted
I read nothing but terrific comments about Thoress audio components.
Thank you Charles, yes I am a definite fan and listen through some 2CD12's which I am very fond of.

Look forward to more of your Abbas journey. Hope to further my own soon
Stephen

“The Project transport I am sure is a delight as is the rest in the signal path sounds like the 3.2 will fit in perfectly!
Dito, time frame is not critical.”

The Pro-Ject RS2T is quite a splendid sounding CD transport, a true delight with my Yamamoto YDA DAC. If the Abbas 3.2SE is what I strongly suspect it to be, then things get even better.

I found a calculation for converting voltage gain ratio into decibels. Going from the Yamamoto (3.2V) to the Abbas (4.5V)=4.5/3.2=1.4 ratio, this will mean a 2.92 db of added gain for my system. I can live with that.

@arinet you have a very nice signal path yourself. I read nothing but terrific comments about Thoress audio components.
Charles
Indeed. I was just going to comment that if I were you, I'd be biased to choose whatever Abbas says sounds best.

Reactions: Artnet
@cal3713
Indeed. I was just going to comment that if I were you, I'd be biased to choose whatever Abbas says sounds best.

Yep!
That is what I am going to do. He spends so much time designing, building, upgrading and then further refining all of his components. I can’t present a rational argument to go contrary to what he advises.
Charles

Reactions: cal3713
I've ordered the Abbas Audio 3.2 SE DAC. There's no practical way to audition one prior to buying as they are built on a per order basis. Small company in a country actively engaged in a war, I completely understand. I just believe this is an exceptionally good audio component built by a special person. Abbas warned me the 3.2 SE may take up to 3 months to complete given its complexity he emphasized. That's okay, I'm a patient person.
Charles

I've ordered the Abbas Audio 3.2 SE DAC. There's no practical way to audition one prior to buying as they are built on a per order basis. Small company in a country actively engaged in a war, I completely understand. I just believe this is an exceptionally good audio component built by a special person. Abbas warned me the 3.2 SE may take up to 3 months to complete given its complexity he emphasized. That's okay, I'm a patient person.
Charles
Should make for a fun holiday season... Congrats!

Charles
Looking forward to your eventual comments

@cal3713 , thanks.
@facten , “eventual “ is right! That’s fine, fortunately I really enjoy my current audio system. Have to admit however that this Abbas DAC is exceptionally intriguing to me.

I’m glad that @jespera initiated this thread. I doubt that I’d have ever heard of Abbas Audio. Forums are terrific!
Charles

Reactions: facten
@jespera
What’s your impression of the Abbas SPDIF RCA cable and power cable? I love what I am currently using. Curious about his cables with his DAC. I have plenty of time to ponder.
Charles

@jespera
What’s your impression of the Abbas SPDIF RCA cable and power cable? I love what I am currently using. Curious about his cables with his DAC. I have plenty of time to ponder.
Charles

Its the best digital cable that ive heard. Abbas’esque natural clarity and smoothness.

His loudspeaker cables are a bit the same with a slight touch of warmth.

Im using one of his power cables on the 3.2 but i have never tried anything else on it. So cant say how it compares. After a while you get a bit like “if its good enough for abbas its good enough for me”.

Reactions: Artnet
I’ll be using my 2.4SE with a passive pre. 23dB gain from my amp. Replacement transistor should be here early next week.

I hope you get it sorted. Someone just sent me a glowing first-listen-impression of the 2.4se 6bl7 version.

What’s your impression of the Abbas SPDIF RCA cable and power cable?

Of course cables are system dependent but well worth the discovery off.
I use a Dueland silver cable from Aurealis Audio between my CDT and DAC which gives a little more sound stage and detail.
But my CDT is an unmodified CEC so possibly softer in presentation. I like the Abbas SPDF and will need two when streaming starts so it stays! RCA's are good and I very much like my Abbas speaker cables!

Its the best digital cable that ive heard. Abbas’esque natural clarity and smoothness.

His loudspeaker cables are a bit the same with a slight touch of warmth.

Have to quote you on the new term of Abbas'esque its a goody and very true. :)

“Im using one of his power cables on the 3.2 but i have never tried anything else on it. So cant say how it compares. After a while you get a bit like “if its good enough for abbas its good enough for me”.

Thanks jespera, I totally get what you mean with your last sentence. I think that I’ll leave my current loom of cables as is due to my happiness with them. However I’ll try his digital cable and power cable with his DAC. For the very reason you have given.

2, Interesting comment about the 2.4SE. Abbas via emails with me does seem very pleased with his new 2.4SE. Based on his responses to me it appears that it comes closer to the 3.2SE than earlier generations of the “2.0-3” series of DAC. It does use bigger tubes (6BL7) and updated refinements.

It is 900.00 USD less than the 3.2SE and Abbas said he can build it in about 3 weeks as opposed to the 3 months needed for the 3.2SE. So it getting a “glowing review “ from a new listener isn’t surprising.

I bet it is a wonderful DAC. However I’ve convinced myself that the 3.2SE is my destiny (For better or for worse) LOL.
Charles

Reactions:Artnet

Last edited:
@jespera
Would the individual who provided you the glowing listening impressions be willing or interested in sharing them with interested folks on this thread?
Charles

Hello,
Did any of you who bought an Abbas Audio product via paypal choose “For goods “ method , or is “For friends” the only payment option for Ukraine ?

I’d appreciate buyer experience feedback.
Charles

Hello,
Did any of you who bought an Abbas Audio product via paypal choose “For goods “ method , or is “For friends” the only payment option for Ukraine ?

I’d appreciate buyer experience feedback.
Charles
I did.

@djsina2
“For friends “ is how you paid?
Charles

@charles1dad - Charles, does your current DAC or the Abbas that you are purchasing have AES/EBU connection? Asking out of curiosity as on Project's website it states "The AES/EBU digital output over XLR goes one step beyond the quality of optical or coaxial signals" . Have you used that connection with your current DAC?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing