A810 Repairs and Service

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
If you run out of options, contact me for a person.

Although he is not in the business, this person is knowledgeable and have worked on his own Studer A810s. I had sent him some A810 parts in recent past and don't think he would mind you contacting him for help. I believe he is in the San Francisco Bay area.

Ki

Thanks Ki. Will do. I am looking into few leads I got. I'll let you know.

Curt Palme

Jan 25, 2012
There's a great tech in LA that works from home that knows Studers inside and out. PM me for his info, I don't think he wants it out to the general public, as he's always swamped with work.

sunan

Jun 7, 2015
Just found out my pinch roller shaft (Axel 1.067.170.10) looks like a little bent when I put the pinch roller in (Athan corp) There is a lot of friction there. No amount of oiling would not help the situation. So ordered the part from audiohouse CH. Also the Capstan motor shaft is shiny. I was told by JRF that Athan corp is the best motor rebuild guy in the US. Do they also do complete mechanical and tape path rebuild if you send them the whole deck? (tension, pinch roller pressure brakes etc.)
The problem I am having is when you press against the playback head while a test tape is playing, on channel 1 it increases 1db-2db at 1KHz. Channel 2 is stable no issue. Headblock was at JRF and he has tested on a Studer A810 he had in his shop and he says it's very stable on both channels on his machine. He said it was well within Studio specs. So we feel that it is something to do with my deck. So I need a complete mechanical rebuild done including the motors.

dscholz

Nov 9, 2015
Thanks guys for tryint to help, I found the right man for the job!!!

Hi, jumping in a bit late but I just acquired an A810 that needs some work. I live in Houston so hoping you can share info about who you found near New Orleans to fix your machine. Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing