A Movie to Die For (If you are Algerian or a movie lover)

Jun 17, 2011
White Rock, New Mexico
HI All.
As I continue to expand my DVD collection, my latest venture is older movies that have an art house flavor. My latest is The Battle Of Algiers. Be advised that the excellent cinematography is in black and white.

If you follow the art movie scene at all you will have heard of this one. It's famous. But, in truth, it is not an art movie at all. It's just a great movie about the civil war in Algeria to boot out the French. The under equipped, desperately led, Algerians won against the much stronger French. A movie to die for.

I strongly suggest that you take a look. It's available from Criterion.

Sparky

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing