bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Why not vdh

on an (for me) unknown tonearm, I like to make my first fitting experience with a more robust and forgiving cartridge like the PC-1.
Even not 100% adjusted it sounds nice.
The construction of the PC-1 is covering the needle, so most likely the protection of the needle is better, which I like for a first fitment.

Becoming an expert on Air Tangent , a Colibri will make more sense than in the beginning.

I still find fitting and fine tuning a Colibri very tricky.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
on an (for me) unknown tonearm, I like to make my first fitting experience with a more robust and forgiving cartridge like the PC-1.
The construction of the PC-1 is covering the needle, so most likely the protection of the needle is better, which I like for a first fitment.

Becoming an expert on Air Tangent , a Colibri will make more sense than in the beginning.

The total arm mass is probably a little higher than what the Colibri prefers,
but a light cartridge is good on linear air arms.
That one is going to be interesting ;)

Last edited:

108CY

May 4, 2013
I have mounted one on a airforce 3 works well

This makes perfect sense having had lots of experience of Vdh with Airtangent tonearms

108CY

May 4, 2013
great,
do you have pictures of the Tonarme base? Was ist done from techDAS?

I will do some pictures from control/regulator chassis and the compressor, they never left the alloy box.

It was a custom made board for the tech das manufactured by a local machine shop, this deck is owned by a customer will try and get a picture. Look forward to seeing the regulator chassis and compressor. I own a few Airatngents inc a couple of unused reference tonearms and a unused 10b. By far the finest tonearms I have ever heard.

PSAF

Jan 18, 2019
I have been researching cartridges to use on a Thales Simplicity II I just aquired and I see that EMT is used very often not sure if it is due the tangetial aspect of the arm or not. I bought the arm because I was a linear tracker user for a long time ET2 then the Terminator through all the levels and I was tired of messing with the pump so I started with pivoted arms and was not satisfied therfore the Thales. Thinking about the EMT VM
https://www.emt-tontechnik.ch/cartridges/jsd-vm

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I believe you see Thales with EMT a lot because Thales bought the arm and cart business of EMT.

Kind regards,
Tang

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I also considered that particular EMT, since I always liked their "house sound", but now I ended up with two Lumieres instead....:rolleyes:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I also considered that particular EMT, since I always liked their "house sound", but now I ended up with two Lumieres instead....:rolleyes:
Are your Lumieres prone to groove artifacts?

Kind regards,Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
no, on the contrary, maybe due to 3,5g tracking force
worst pu I´ve ever had in that aspect was Clearaudio Predikat
best
L

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I should add that the Airtangent ref, even with magnesium assy is probably not the best match for the Lumiere.
However the Groovemaster Titanium with it´s effective mass of 29g, is perfect. Then you have Ortofon 309, Schick etc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing