$650K Turntable?

Derainer

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Good morning analog friends,

I promised you some news about my second TT-Project. Here is a first picture for you.
You can see the building fabric, how it will be someday. I will get it ready at the end of this Year.
Later I will tell you more about this TT.

Best wishes, Rainer

P1090845b-s - Copyright.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Four arms capable, precision digital record speed readout with four digits after the decimal, all digitally and electronically operationable, beautiful machine work, gold, silver, red and black (dark grey), and brown (dashboard) accents, solid plinth (with base turntable), ... can't wait to know all the inners (motor and all that jazz). :b

I can even see a multiple balanced suspension. ...Adjustable.

Last edited:

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
Just going back to the original post:

Scanner-camera to the empty groove recognition, track selection via touch screen.
2 built-in microprocessor controls, touch screen remote control.
Ethernet connection for easy software updates and remote diagnostics.
All parameters, such as system operating hour coverage, speeds and much more.
are always available on the touchscreen. Integrated high-resolution
Miniature camera to observe the sampling system during playback.

The thing is, if I was into vinyl, I'd want to keep my cartridge with its tiny, tiny analogue output, away from unpleasant sources of noise and interference, e.g. microprocessors and video screens and cameras - and I'm not even a subjectivist!

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Well,
the chassis is made of corian (dupont) and is nearly completed.
All the metall parts, you can see, will be plated with black satin nickel.
Just the red platter underneth, the main platter, will be colored in ferrari red.
The main platter will be build out of three materials: brass, alluminiom an corian on top.
The aluminium and the corian platter is under construction. It will have a vacuum clamping.
The completed platter has a magnetic bearing. (as my first TT)
The motor is a new direct drive, especialy developed for this TT by me and a German company.
You can imagine the force of the motor, 26 kg weight of the Platter,
bringing the platter to full speed in 1,5 seconds.
The Panel in the front ist still a model, the original is under construction.
In the near future I will design a compact tangential tone arm, mounted at the left side.
This tangential tone arm is possible to use as a stand-allone unit for every other TT.
All four feet with the base for tone arms are motor driven hight adjustable by remote.
It's to adjust the VTA from your listening place.

That should be enough for now.

thank you for giving me your attention,
best wishes Rainer

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---...The right word; amazing!

* A remote controllable and remote adjustable turntable? ...With microprocessors and computers?
...And a camera? And a screen (widescreen?). ...WoW WoW WoW! Are you sure it's not an iTurntable?

And are you also sure it's for the Analog lovers? ...Or/and the Digital (PC) lovers too?

Kudos so far Rainer! :b

P.S. Fantastic to have people here of your caliber, honestly.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I admire your relentless pursuit for perfection! Look forward to reading more.

Derainer

Apr 23, 2011
Germany
www.dereneville.de
Hello together,
please let me make a correction. I think you mistake sth. for sth.

You/we are talking about two TT.
The first one, the "Dereneville 2010-1" is just a study. We have been talking about in this thread last year.
It has all this things, like HD-camera, HD-screen, Title-Scanning, an so on. But it is unique, only one exists.
Exactly just a prototype.

This new one, the "Dereneville DD-2012" is my second TT. It is much more near to the market.
Just a heavy Chassis 60 kg, with a new Direct Drive Platter with 26 kg of weight, and magnetic bearing.
The speed is controlled electronicly by using an incremental measuring tool from the company renishaw.
It offers the possibility to mount up to four ordinary tone arms, from 7 inch up to 19 inch, or just two of them
and one tangential tone arm. Only the four platforms for the tone arms are hight adjustable via remote.

So this new TT, that I'm working at since one year, is more like an ordinary, common TT but with the very best
tecnical data. If everything wents that good, as I hope, and it looks so, I can produce up to five units a year.

I will give you more informations, when I know more myself how it's going on.

all my best wishes, and thank you very much for all that compliments. The'll give me more motivation.

Rainer

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
---Thanks Rainer for those important precisions.

* One year on the Internet is sometimes like ten years, if you know what I mean.

Best regards,
Bob

P.S. You are one very 'incredible' individual! ...In the very best (positive) meaning possible.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This thread is very old but I found this on the Internet ...

Rather spectacular ..

HERE

Plattenspieler_405_01.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This looks like a labor of love meant to please its creator first and foremost.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We gotta admit, price be damned, that thing has features not found anywhere else. It automates so much stuff it's crazy! Granted it's stuff we analog people are capable of doing manually, but still.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
We gotta admit, price be damned, that thing has features not found anywhere else. It automates so much stuff it's crazy! Granted it's stuff we analog people are capable of doing manually, but still.

Although I find the price absurd, I am with you there! In this land of $100K speaker cables , $300 K amps and $100 K stands . This TT stands to me as a "why-not?" product one at the very least that attempts or purports to solve some known problems of LP playing. Wonder how many he/they have sold?

Now I am patiently waiting for the $50K cartridge to go with this TT and the $300K Phono stage ... for a cool and round $1 million Phono front-end ..oops! I forgot the IC cables ... :p

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
as I recall the price had nothing to do with the market value or performance (and was not represented as such either), but was a reflection of the investment and time spent. more like....."gosh, what do you have invested in that thing?"

and then once out on the web, the 'price' attracted interest as much as the over-the-top-and-around-the-corner design. simply as a design it answers questions I would never ask. I do respect the execution of the ideas.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
as I recall the price had nothing to do with the market value or performance (and was not represented as such either), but was a reflection of the investment and time spent. more like....."gosh, what do you have invested in that thing?"

and then once out on the web, the 'price' attracted interest as much as the over-the-top-and-around-the-corner design. simply as a design it answers questions I would never ask. I do respect the execution of the ideas.

you're exactly correct Mike. When he visited he told me that it would likely be a One Off but if he were to sell he had all his expense factored in

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Does that turntable have a "hole centering" platter?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing