10 sota digital rigs

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hello Thieliste

You should NOT overlook the Lampizator DACs because they are absolutely fabulous.

When you visit my friend Michael (Impera preamp and Concero 65 monoamps) pretty soon, you can also come to my place for a listen because at the moment, I have a demo unit of the majestic Pacific DAC at home :D

So I can show you a compare between the already excellent Golden Gate DAC and the awe inspiring Pacific DAC (source is the Lampizator SuperKomputer) in my system with Aries Cerat Incito preamp and Kronzilla SX poweramp into hORNS Universum Speakers. :cool:

Hi christoph, yes we are supposed to go to your friend's place in the afternoon of that same day therefore we will try to stop by your place just after that if you are available.
Thanks for your Pacific invitation:)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi christoph, yes we are supposed to go to your friend's place in the afternoon of that same day therefore we will try to stop by your place just after that if you are available.
Thanks for your Pacific invitation:)

It would be just plain stupid to miss the opportunity after I live literally 3 Minutes away from Michael ;) :cool:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
It would be just plain stupid to miss the opportunity after I live literally 3 Minutes away from Michael ;) :cool:

So, the Pacific beats the GG? BTW, did you ever compare the Crossfire vs. the Kronzilla on the Horns? Just wondering how they compare.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
So, the Pacific beats the GG? BTW, did you ever compare the Crossfire vs. the Kronzilla on the Horns? Just wondering how they compare.

I haven't switched back to the GG yet, but even without direct comparison, I would say the PAC is extremely transparent without losing the magic. No final verdict from me without changing back to GG but my first impression is that the PAC is a significant step up over the already excellent GG :D
I guess you will tag along with Thieliste and then you can hear for yourself. I like to have several experienced ears around in such cases ;)

When I got the Crossfire, I only hooked it up for a short time to check if all is OK and it sounded very good indeed. But I didn't directly compare the Crossfire to the 'Zilla, so I can't really say.
The Crossfire is out of the house for the time being but when I get it back I will do such a comparison...

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I haven't switched back to the GG yet, but even without direct comparison, I would say the PAC is extremely transparent without losing the magic. No final verdict from me without changing back to GG but my first impression is that the PAC is a significant step up over the already excellent GG :D
I guess you will tag along with Thieliste and then you can hear for yourself. I like to have several experienced ears around in such cases ;)

When I got the Crossfire, I only hooked it up for a short time to check if all is OK and it sounded very good indeed. But I didn't directly compare the Crossfire to the 'Zilla, so I can't really say.
The Crossfire is out of the house for the time being but when I get it back I will do such a comparison...

Who did you loan it to?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Thieliste,

Where in La France are you located? I am near Dept de L'Ain on the Swiss side.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

The Crossfire is an integrated amp? Was that the one you took from Brad last Nov after the Regensdorf show? BTW, Goran's GG2 is very special based on what I heard is inside. I need to go hear it pronto! LoL

If me likey, I have to think of getting my GG1 tuned up to GG2 level with the new bells and whistles...

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
BTW, Goran's GG2 is very special based on what I heard is inside. I need to go hear it pronto! LoL

If me likey, I have to think of getting my GG1 tuned up to GG2 level with the new bells and whistles...

I hope you do come pronto :). And yes it is special and I love it!

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thieliste,

Where in La France are you located? I am near Dept de L'Ain on the Swiss side.

I live in Vaucluse dep just north of Aix en Provence, i have a 7 hours drive to reach Brad's place but we are going to stay 6 days in Switzerland with my wife doing an audiophile road trip:cool:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The Crossfire is an integrated amp? Was that the one you took from Brad last Nov after the Regensdorf show? BTW, Goran's GG2 is very special based on what I heard is inside. I need to go hear it pronto! LoL

Yes, it is but that Crossfire also has direct in that bypasses the switching and volume control, making it essentially a power amp.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes, it is but that Crossfire also has direct in that bypasses the switching and volume control, making it essentially a power amp.
Nice! I recall its was quite a load to lift.
Thanx Brad.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I live in Vaucluse dep just north of Aix en Provence, i have a 7 hours drive to reach Brad's place but we are going to stay 6 days in Switzerland with my wife doing an audiophile road trip:cool:

Super!
You have a great wife then...to put up with such an audio trip. LoL. You will love Leichtenstein too.
Aix is about 4-5 hrs to Gva, I believe. 3 hrs from Grenoble, where I used to live 20 years ago.

Have a wonderful trip!

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Yes at the Munich show 2017.
But on the 25th of october i will be able to listen to an Aries Cerat system on the same speakers i own.

Thats good to hear. You might kick yourself if you buy something else then listen to Aries Cerat ;)

Sounds like it'll be fun. Wish I could come hehe

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Nice! I recall its was quite a load to lift.
Thanx Brad.

The "little" AC Genus is more than 20KG heavier than the Crossfire...a definite two-man lift. Crossfire I moved around by myself still...

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Thats good to hear. You might kick yourself if you buy something else then listen to Aries Cerat ;)

Sounds like it'll be fun. Wish I could come hehe

The plan will be to hear two AC systems.

System 1 will be the Diana Forte, Impera II reference and Kassandra II reference with Thiel CS3.7 speakers.
System 2 will be the Concero 65 monos, Impera II ref. Source is Lampizator and speakers Odeon No. 32.

Additionally, there seems probably a trip to Christoph's, who has the Incito preamp but the rest is other brands.

This will all be on the 25th (busy day) and then on the weekend will be the Swiss High End Show, where we will demo two AC systems with speakers from Boenicke Audio and maybe the new Dynamikks model.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
If some of you guys are free on the 25th perhaps you can join us if Brad is ok with that.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing