55th Annual Grammy's

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Pretty good show tonight. Particularly liked the tribute to Bob Marley with Sting and Bruno Mars. Not so sure I'm liking Wiz Kalefa;)

OTOH, I always enjoy Adele, great talent, IMO. Her dress on the other hand:eek:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Just a quick follow up to this thread...glad to see that Gotye won for Best song and that Mumford won for best album of the year. Another good call was the lifetime achievement award for Lightnin' Hopkins.
Anyone know who won for best jazz album?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Just a quick follow up to this thread...glad to see that Gotye won for Best song and that Mumford won for best album of the year. Another good call was the lifetime achievement award for Lightnin' Hopkins.
Anyone know who won for best jazz album?

Shame the Gotye album is not the best quality in terms of sound quality :(
Really disappointed with the CD and the mixing-mastering.
Cheers
Orb

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I found the overall level of musical performances and the caliber of talent very encouraging. Another encouraging sign was a that lot of the new talent was somewhat dorky looking (Black Key's, Mumford and Sons, Gotye, Fun. and a few more I recall). No polished products of labels' marketing department, but plain musical talent as it should be. Or may be the marketeers fooled us all and are marketing the dorky look as the new super-cool.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I found the overall level of musical performances and the caliber of talent very encouraging. Another encouraging sign was a that lot of the new talent was somewhat dorky looking (Black Key's, Mumford and Sons, Gotye, Fun. and a few more I recall). No polished products of labels' marketing department, but plain musical talent as it should be. Or may be the marketeers fooled us all and are marketing the dorky look as the new super-cool.

The dorky look is definitely "in".:D

Gotye and Adele have some serious talent, IMO. OTOH,neither are going to make the front cover of GQ, LOL:)

GolfnAudio

Feb 21, 2013
Agreed! It's good to see this again (remember when rock stars weren't always the best looking individuals?)
I think we're seeing a lot of people who would be playing the indie circuits 10 years ago, getting mainstream acceptance due to the quality of songwriting and performance- great news!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing