Saskia 2 Reference tt

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Mike, I've been known to labor the same point over and over on the forum (groans all around LOL), but I've never known such an uber designed high end tt get so little, practically zero buzz.
For such a no compromise design, from mass, to materials, to unique idler implementation, fascinating motor, and not to ignore the price North of $50k, there's just NOTHING online.
No website, no reply to direct emails, no reply to PMs here (I often emailed him in between posts he was making sporadically, but nothing back). Do any of you high end tt owners even have a friend or a colleague who invested in one?
I need to leave it, this is a trail that's gone cold. Part of me thinks there is a sad story here of maybe good order levels, but inability to keep up with demand, and so a disappearing from visibility, or maybe personal issues.
Surely someone here knows.

So don't go the bespoke route. Why bother

What about a Brinkmann Balance or Bergmann? I'd focus on brands with good U.K. distro

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith, can't argue with that.
I tend to naturally warm to idiosyncratic designs and enthusiastic innovators, hence my feel for Zu and Sean.
I've really been drawn to the Saskia package with the new take on idler tech, slate mass loading and 3 phase Papst motor. This ethos really spoke to me.
These more standard designs like the TW etc aren't so exciting to me.
But, I can't argue against yr logic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing