Why do we need High End stores?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Same here except her car and clocks are perfect and my cars and Ickes about 15 ahead.
And the house clocks is her territory. Only my phones are reality

Al

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I always chuckle when folks dis Bose.

I had a Cobra Mustang ragtop with a great Bose system. It was so well designed you could hear it image at 70 mph with the top down, and there was actual bass! I upgraded the car to a $91,000 911 cab with the top level system. It had no dynamic range, was tinny sounding and you couldn't hear a darn thing with the top down.

I was always moaning about it at the Porsche club and everyone said I should get a life and that the sound of the motor was the real system :)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

I had a Cobra Mustang ragtop with a great Bose system. It was so well designed you could hear it image at 70 mph with the top down, and there was actual bass! I upgraded the car to a $91,000 911 cab with the top level system. It had no dynamic range, was tinny sounding and you couldn't hear a darn thing with the top down.

I was always moaning about it at the Porsche club and everyone said I should get a life and that the sound of the motor was the real system :)

I had a 1986 Pontiac Firebird (smaller chicken thank god) with a superb Bose system. It was widely revered at UVA for its excellent sound. Used my dad's excellent Teac to make custom cassettes. You should have heard the song Oh Yeah by Yello.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

My dad had a string of Porsches from 924s to 911s to 928s. I learned to drive stick on a 928. One of the things I learned is that Blaupunkt was one of the most overrated brands on the planet. Unreliable and horrible sound.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I see only one problem . the shop should have carried Bose stuff , everybody happy
Except perhaps the owner of said shop. If folks walked in and saw BOSE in a high end shop, I have a feeling many folks would seriously question looking any further, auditioning, purchasing or even talking to a salesperson. I hear ya' though.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
"...but I like Wonder Bread..."

LMFAO

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I'm about as territorial with my alarm clock as I am with the stereo, and I keep it 15 minutes fast to make sure I'm on time. (yeah, I know it's silly to do that, but I have done it that way for decades--same with the clock in my car.)

Not silly at all! My alarm clock is 10 minutes fast. :D

esldude

Not silly at all! My alarm clock is 10 minutes fast. :D

Talk about silly, my sister purchased a new alarm clock when the old one quit working. Her husband always kept his clocks 10 minutes fast. Unknown to him, she had gotten one of those Atomic clocks that automatically keep correct time. So he checked it and set it ten minutes fast, and of course it shortly thereafter 'fixed' itself. Took him almost a week to figure that one out. :p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing