Why do we need High End stores?

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Hilarious :D

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I thought that salesman was far nicer and tried much harder than the majority of salesmen in high end audio stores (or even in Best Buy, for that matter)

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I thought that salesman was far nicer and tried much harder than the majority of salesmen in high end audio stores (or even in Best Buy, for that matter)

That customer would have been thrown out of every stereo shop in New York within 3 minutes..LOL :p

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
excellent funny vid ;)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Oh man, THAT was funny. I'm still chuckling over here. Thanks so much for sharing that! :)

Tom

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Great video. And that girl seemed to feel better than i do when she was talking to the salesman. I get the hibigibis

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
She definitely knew what she wanted. ONE box. Oh... AND her parking validated.

And an alarm clock function :)
I would be lost without the alarm clock function in my Dartzeel :)
I think I will have to use that line repeatedly "does it have a clock, and an alarm" when chatting/visiting some dealers I know.

Cheers
Orb

esldude

A lady acquaintance recently wanted my opinion. As usual after having made a decision. She wanted better sound for her TV, which I had warned her she would want when she bought her flat screen. She had seen the Bose Solo which sits under the TV in one box with stereo. She prefaced her question saying "I know you don't like Bose, now why is that?". Trying to be nice, I told her Bose is okay, it works, but you can pretty much be sure to get better sound for the same money. I had already suggested a couple of quite small speakers and a simple receiver. But she had seen this cute all in one Bose Solo with promises to fill the room with sound.

Then while I was at her house, well it arrived. I was asked to hook it up for her. This amounted to placing it on the shelf beneath the TV, plugging in the AC cord, and connecting a Toslink cable. Also change the output setting on the TV. Alive it was, so simple, and it really did sound lots better and louder just like the commercial said, filling the room with sound. She was terribly happy and pleased and said, "I don't know what you have against Bose, they always work like they say, and it is much better."

I do understand the desire on the saleman's part to go in the other room and off himself. Marketing is a wonderful thing.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
But she had seen this cute all in one Bose Solo with promises to fill the room with sound.

That really is the appeal. The "all-in-one" - I know a couple - the guy was the audiophile and the gal had banished his "huge ugly speakers" from the living room when they bought a large screen TV with sleek in-line speakers. When I was at their place, she asked why her sound was so bad and she couldn't hear conversation properly. I told her why, and when I was done with the explanation, her man jumps off the couch, punches the air and went, "Yes! Now do you believe me??"

She still didn't allow the "huge ugly speakers" back in. :( She'd rather live with the bad sound in a sleek coordinated living room.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Keep this in mind. I have two homes and three big rig setups. Ask me what's in my kitchen in NYC
A BOSE all in one. Lmao. Now please do not through me out of the club

I just got here.

Al

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Keep this in mind. I have two homes and three big rig setups. Ask me what's in my kitchen in NYC
A BOSE all in one. Lmao. Now please do not through me out of the club

I just got here. ????????

Al

They would have to throw me out too :)

I used to have a Bose Waveradio with alarm clock in my bedroom.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have Bose headphones and Bose is in both of my vehicles! It's a necessary evil, just like Mac computers are to a studio, where I have 4 now!! :eek:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
There you go I did not even say HEADPHONES
and my DAPS and CIEM S now please understand
There is no replacement for the rigs we have
But you cannot drive with, job, gym , or trains.
But the alternates make me really enjoy my rigs
When I fire them up.

Al

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
We have TWO Bose wave radio alarm clocks in our bedroom. (NOT the model with the CD player)

Neither of us wants the other touching our alarm clocks. Each person is responsible for setting their alarm times so there are never any excuses for not getting up and out on time.

I'm about as territorial with my alarm clock as I am with the stereo, and I keep it 15 minutes fast to make sure I'm on time. (yeah, I know it's silly to do that, but I have done it that way for decades--same with the clock in my car.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing