Keith Jarret - New York Sessions
Beboo & Cigala en vivo
Keith Jarret - The Koln Concert
Avishai Cohen - As is
Seal - Live in Paris
Depeche Mode - Live
David Gilmor - Live at Gdansk

Last edited:
---Just too many to list (LPs and CDs and SACDs); but few of them have already been enumerated.

* Some of my Best favorites are on Blu-ray and DVD-Audio and DVD-Video.

Oopps, I was leaving out another good one:

Jean Michel Jarre - Live in China

Hadouk Trio - Live à FIP = Alma Calesta

Hadouk Trio     Live à Fi P.jpg

Classic rock that most can relate to:

Grand Funk Railroad, 1970.

---Welcome sombunya! -
welcome2.gif

Bob

John Mayall "The Turning Point" Polydor 24-4004 LP

Got this one in Santa Cruz for a George Washington a couple of days ago at Goodwill. Extremely dirty, played very noisy over there. Brought it back to Pleasanton, gave it a spritz with generic window cleaner and guaze scrub, rinsed in tap water and dried with tissue. Lo and behold, it then played VG to NM on the SME 30.

Recorded at Filmore East in 1969, this is one of the more realistic sounding albums I have played, really makes you feel you are in the venue with the musicians. Whatever their recording technique, it really worked on this one.

I have a number of the excellent recordings already mentioned, and thanks to the recommendations I'll add to my library.:)

I'll add a few more for consideration:

Dee Dee Bridgewater: live at Yoshi's
Kurt Elling: Dedicated To You
Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton: Play the blues
Hugh Masekela: Hope
Greta Matassa: Live at Tula's

Belafonte LIVE at Carnegie

Weavers LIVE at Carnegie

Eagles Hell Freezes Over Tour

Great selections, IMO a must have in any collection ..........:cool:

I have a number of the excellent recordings already mentioned, and thanks to the recommendations I'll add to my library.:)

I'll add a few more for consideration:

Dee Dee Bridgewater: live at Yoshi's
Kurt Elling: Dedicated To You
Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton: Play the blues
Hugh Masekela: Hope
Greta Matassa: Live at Tula's

+10 on Hope .....

Glenn Gould -- Live in Salzburg
Tom Waits -- Glitter and Doom Live
Noel Paul Stookey --One Night Stand
Simon & Garfunkel -- Live from New York City, 1967

Mike, Bob, thank you both for your warm welcome.

Mike, the 1957 Gould recording, which includes the Goldbergs, is on a Frequenz/Memoria CD, if I remember correctly, issued sometime in the mid=Eighties by an Italian company and long out of print. Feel free to PM me if you want a copy. Cheers -- Bill

Hi gents, first post on what seems an incredible forum.

Many of mine have been mentioned already

Neil Young - Massey Hall
Belafonte - Carnegie Hall
Allman Brothers - Fillmore East
SRV - Carnegie Hall
David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk

But my now favorite live album is from a relatively unknown band Umphrey's McGee. They are a jam band out of Illinois. While not Zappa per say, they come from the same recipe and live is the way to enjoy them as you never know where they'll be taking you next.

Album is "Live at the Murat"

Murat_450.jpg

Hi gents, first post on what seems an incredible forum.

Many of mine have been mentioned already

Neil Young - Massey Hall
Belafonte - Carnegie Hall
Allman Brothers - Fillmore East
SRV - Carnegie Hall
David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk

But my now favorite live album is from a relatively unknown band Umphrey's McGee. They are a jam band out of Illinois. While not Zappa per say, they come from the same recipe and live is the way to enjoy them as you never know where they'll be taking you next.

Album is "Live at the Murat"

View attachment 8221

Hi Pat!

First of all.....glad you decided to join us here. :D

And second.....thanks for turning me on to this band. The particular recording gets regular play and I'm very much a new fan of the band!

Hi Pat!

First of all.....glad you decided to join us here. :D

And second.....thanks for turning me on to this band. The particular recording gets regular play and I'm very much a new fan of the band!

Hey John, hi and thanks for the tip, love this place. I guess for me Umphrey's is a bit like you John with Harmonium, we make it a mission to introduce them to the most people we can.

You do know that they do Toronto on most of their tours and if they go by their usual routs we could see a To show in the Summer, where obviously will attend ;)(I've been trying to get them to Montreal like it' nuts with emails everywhere, but mostly the Jazz Fest where they would be a resounding hit with suck skills as musicians and such unbelievable improvisational skills as a band).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing