What's Spinning Tonight?

Streaming right now☝:

Boris Blank - Resonance, from 2024

As always from Boris Blank and his duo group Yello, this new album has an excellent sound. I will for sure order this album on both vinyl and CD before this day is over… Enjoy ;) !

/ Jk
View attachment 126884
I heard about this new album last week I think, I thought I'll check it out later and maybe order a copy on Vinyl. Tried to look for a copy today in the UK and it's like gold dust, yes you can find it everywhere on CD but vinyl is a different story. I looked on Amazon & Discogs as a last resort, Amazon no copies and Discogs! Well Discogs is just crazy prices. I gave up and called a friend who works in a record shop in Munich, they have copies which he is going to hold one for me. I'll pick it up when I go to the Munich High End Show in May, just booked my flight and bought my tickets for Saturday and Sunday. Pity they don't have Fridays for the public anymore, the show is just too big to see everything in 2 days 3 days was just about correct to get round comfortably.

Reactions: Johan K
Thanks johan , i have seen your gear on your youtube video "start up" amazing
Bass performance must be have a shaking effect on the house:p
Stephan,

Thank you !

-Yea well… Once my wife was in a online-team-meeting, working from our home office, while I was listen to Felix Hell, playing 16hz bass tunes on the big Schoenstein church organ at the First Plymouth Congregational Church, Lincoln, Nebraska…. So as I was really in to the music… playing louder and louder, I forgot wife’y was at home… -and at one point the bass was going so massive and deep, it felt like the house was tipping over.. -So up goes (flies) the door to the audioroom … guess who’s there… ??? Thought my wife was going to strangle me slowly.. LOL… MOOHAHAHA!!!

- Yea I guess my system can perform pretty okay… hahaha.. :D !!

Not sure my wife is equally as happy (some) times… :p:D… even though she loves music.

/Jk

Reactions: DasguteOhr
Stephan,

Thank you !

-Yea well… Once my wife was in a online-team-meeting, working from our home office, while I was listen to Felix Hell, playing 16hz bass tunes on the big Schoenstein church organ at the First Plymouth Congregational Church, Lincoln, Nebraska…. So as I was really in to the music… playing louder and louder, I forgot wife’y was at home… -and at one point the bass was going so massive and deep, it felt like the house was tipping over.. -So up goes (flies) the door to the audioroom … guess who’s there… ??? Thought my wife was going to strangle me slowly.. LOL… MOOHAHAHA!!!

- Yea I guess my system can perform pretty okay… hahaha.. :D !!

Not sure my wife is equally as happy (some) times… :p:D… even though she loves music.

/Jk
Johan,always remember the saying “Happy wife, happy life.” Always get small gifts if you were too loud :p
I think you have subs well positioned to create a similar effect to double bass array. And anyone who cares about bass knows that a "double bass array" produces the best bass on the planet. I can't do it at home, the bar counter is in the way and I love drinking whiskey with friends. 20240121_122802.jpg

• Haha
By the way:

After what I’ve read - it is suppose to be the worlds 3:rd biggest church organ… with the capacity to play the full tone spectrum… 16 to over 20.000 Hz…

/ Jk

By the way:

After what I’ve read - it is suppose to be the worlds 3:rd biggest church organ… with the capacity to play the full tone spectrum… 16 to over 20.000 Hz…

/ Jk
Yes ,and deepest tone sub contra c 16.4 hz. When you are in germany, go to regensburg dom.
There much concerts in the year.

1559461_normal_wx2E9lDGyf.jpg

the largest cantilever organ in the world 5841 pipes.

Yes ,and deepest tone sub contra c 16.4 hz. When you are in germany, go to regensburg dom.
There much concerts in the year.

View attachment 127036

the largest cantilever organ in the world 5841 pipes.
Wow - that is just awesome!!! Yea for sub contra C, I think the pipe has to be around 11 meters long with a diameter at around 1,2 meter… Correct me if I’m wrong here.

To be able to hear/ feel that tone at home is really something extra, but it can never compare to the real church feel. I’m not religious in that sence, but I love being in a big church listen to a big organ, and to really FEEL the sound… it is so cool !!

/ Jk

Streaming this morning ☝:

Houston Person & Ron Carter - Now’s The Time / Something In Common, a collection from 2010.

This calm contra bass / saxophone jazz music is just amazing to wake up to… Great sounding album. Enjoy!

/ Jk

IMG_0128.jpeg

Reactions: MarkusBarkus
Felix Hell everybody… Enjoy ;) !

Very hard to record how it sounds here on a regular iphone 12pro… and no way near the real thing here… But at least you get a feel of it… hope you all like it ;).

/ Jk

Last edited:
Felix Hell everybody… Enjoy ;) !

Very hard to record how it sounds here on a regular iphone 12pro… and no way near the real thing here… But at least you get a feel of it… hope you all like it ;).

/ Jk

Sounds great with headphones johan , the longest pipe are 32 feet

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing