What's Spinning Tonight?

Lana Del Rey – Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd - big fan of Lana going all the way back to Paradise & Born to Die. not really enjoying this album thou for two reasons - a few too many gimmicky spoke word parts in this album and guest appearances of stars that add nothing.
I am on the 2nd pressing and both are schiit - too many pops and crackles from GZ!! It;s going back tomorrow as still noisy after two untrasonic cleans just not good enough for a $70 record. Please buy with easy return rights if you buy this album as you may need to use it.

oxSiKRb.jpg

Ugh, There goes $130. People should only recommend in print LPs :)

It's really a wonderful album. Thanks for posting.
I'm glad you enjoy Onra! Have you made a purchase of an LP of his? :)

Also, today I'm taking a different route - "Anastasis" by Dead Can Dance is the tune for today. Those complex instrumental passages, coupled with haunting lyrical themes make for a true masterpiece.
1682534343836.png

Not yet. I've put a search notification on discogs for a few of them. Very excited by his music
The "Chinoiseries" saga has a few installments, all of which are worth checking out, and both are made the same way - collecting music from China and Vietnam, sampling it, and making those exquisite pieces of music. I highly recommend checking the rest of them out!

Reactions: Fishfood

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing