What makes someone a great chef?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Very true John. I watch reality cooking shows where they give them random ingredients that seem to be impossible to put together and these people have intuition that allows them to still create a tasty dish. And so under time crunch.

Chopped comes to mind

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Chopped comes to mind
Indeed. But Master Chef too where home cooks do the same. Last night was watching them make desert with Corn. Not hugely difficult but nevertheless, the plating and overall work was truly chef quality from people who don't do this professionally.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
The family actually enjoyed a cupcake from one of the winners of "cupcake wars" last weekend. Pretty good cupcake, if I do say so myself. They have a little store in Baxter Village down in South Carolina called Cupcrazed. Cute little shop and they are apparently not too shy about letting people know that they were featured on Food Network. The place was packed and the line went all of the way outside, spilling onto the sidewalk. I'd say it was worth they wait.

My apologies about the off topic post.....now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing