? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

I must have close to 1/2 doz jazz takes on the Aranjuez, never mind straight orchestral versions. Never get tired of it. I'm a big
Villa-Lobos fan anyways. Listen to the Choros and Brasilieras often.

I must have close to 1/2 doz jazz takes on the Aranjuez, never mind straight orchestral versions. Never get tired of it. I'm a big

Not jazz, but harp & orchestra makes for a great version of Concerto de Aranjuez...you may already have these two?

Rodriguo.jpg Rodriguo 2.jpg

It's a Chick Corea staple. He has two versions on the Rendez Vouz in NYC SACD. Love the duet with Rubalcaba.

Harp adds a nice variation to this:

Totally agree! I discovered this a number of years ago, and really like it a lot.

2 great new trio albums with jazz music that one can let other people hear as well:)
Aaron-Diehl_The-Bespoke-Mans-Narrative_COVER_0.jpg

http://mackavenue.downloadsnow.net/bespoke
View attachment 23270
http://www.soundliaison.com/

Kamasi Washington - The Epic - good sounding vinyl release - 3 LPs plus 44/16 download
Jan Garbarek - Rites - Digital
Also, for what it's worth, Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly - hip hop with contributions by Kamasi Washington - Good sounding vinyl but no download

Maybe Jazz, maybe not...

Acoustic-Brazil-WEB_500.jpg

Ok, so maybe I'll have a Brazilian afternoon...

Hermeto's music through other's interpretations. Is that jazz?

mmjsnserenata.jpg

Moving right along...

capa.jpg

jazz (j?z)
n.
1. Music
a. A style of music, native to America, characterized by a strong but flexible rhythmic understructure with solo and ensemble improvisations on basic tunes and chord patterns and, more recently, a highly sophisticated harmonic idiom.

Brazil is America, the southern one.

---

I suppose the word Jazz is misused, just as Classical has come to mean most anything performed by an orchestra.

21st Century Classical Composers? What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_21st-century_classical_composers

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing