What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

Kenny Garret - pushing the world away
Keith Jarret - Concerts Bregenz/Munchen
Avishai Cohen - Seven Seas
Gery Allen - Grand River Crossing
3 Cohens - Tightrope

thanks jazdoc!

Kenny Garret - pushing the world away
Keith Jarret - Concerts Bregenz/Munchen
Avishai Cohen - Seven Seas
Gery Allen - Grand River Crossing
3 Cohens - Tightrope

thanks jazdoc!

You are welcome! Hope you enjoy.

Really enjoying the debut LP from Cecil McLorin Salvant "Womanchild". Extremely well recorded but had to exchange my noisy first copy for a clean pressing. Since it's cut from the 96.24 file, might sound better on digital. Looking forward to seeing her at Jazz Alley in February.

mac1072_200__medium.jpg

Analogue Productions has remastered All MorninLong (Red garland trio). Does anyone know how it compares with the Rudy van gelder remaster from few yrs ago??? (which is much better IMHO than the original CD which is super scratchy.)

Analogue Productions has remastered All MorninLong (Red garland trio). Does anyone know how it compares with the Rudy van gelder remaster from few yrs ago??? (which is much better IMHO than the original CD which is super scratchy.)

I have the mono AP release. Sounds very good, especially given that the original source wasl ess than spectacular (by reputation only- I don't own an original). Worth the $30 for me.

Last edited:
I have the mono AP release. Sounds very good, especially given that the original source wasless than spectacular original (by reputation only- I don't own an original). Worth the $30 for me.

Well red garlands stuff probably is in my top 3-5 favorite jazz artists in my collection. I am going to listen to the remastered version I have...20bit remastered rom maybe 5 yrs ago. If I still love it, I may just go for it to try. I have not been disappointed by APO's remasters yet. I did find a LIM Ella & Louis remaster better, along with Oscar Peterson We Get Requests...but the APO's were still excellent by any measure.

Thanks!!...always difficult to find someone who has heard exactly the version you are looking to buy.

Well, decided to go for it and order the APO remaster of All Mornin Long by Red Garland Trio. We shall see. Meanwhile, just got APOs of Jackie McLean (4, 5, 6) and Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges (Side by Side)...both nice albums.

Wooden Shjips "Back To Land"

Wooden-Shjips_sidebar.gif

Here's a taste:

Bob Seger: Ultimate Hits (Universal Music Japan 2012 CD)
Bruce Springsteen: The Rising (Sony Music Japan International 2002 CD)
Bryan Ferry: Boys and Girls (Universal Music Japan 2013 CD)
Bryan Ferry: Bete Noire (Universal Music Japan 2007 CD)
Bryan Ferry: Olympia (Universal Music Japan 2010 CD)
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros: Streetcore (Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2012 Blu-spec CD2)
Sade: Lovers Rock (Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2005 CD)
Sade: Lovers Live (Sony Music Japan International 2002 CD)
Sade: Soldier of Love (Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2010 CD)
Santana: Supernatural (BMG Japan 2008 CD)

Akira Miyazawa: Yamame [King Records Japan 2012 CD]
Junko Onishi Trio: Wow [Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD]
Karen Aoki: By My Side [Pony Canyon Japan 2010 HQCD]
Kasai Kimiko with Herbie Hancock: Butterfly [Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2013 Blu-spec CD2]
Lady Kim: Autumn Leaves [Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2013 Blu-spec CD2]
Lady Kim: Left Alone [Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2013 Blu-spec CD2]
Masao Yagi: Inga [King Records Japan 2012 CD]
Miho Hazama: Journey To Journey [Universal Music Japan 2012 SHM-CD]
Toshiko Akiyoshi = Lew Tabackin Big Band: Kogun [Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2013 Blu-spec CD2]
Toshiko Akiyoshi: Toshiko, Kyuyu ni Au [King Records Japan 2012 CD]
Yoshiko Kishino: bossa nostalgia [Universal Music Japan 2013 CD]
Yoshiko Kishino: Face [Universal Music Japan 2013 CD]
Yoshino Kishino: Furusato [Universal Music Japan 2013 CD]
Yoshino Kishino: Hope [Universal Music Japan 2013 CD]

Dum Dum Girls "Too True"

DDG-Too_True-slide.jpg

At first I was a little disappointed as this is a stylistic departure from 2011's "Only In Dreams"; a personal top 10 release that year. Repeated listenings have changed my initial impression...a very good LP. 'Rimbaud Eyes' is a great single. Bonus: Dee Dee has many of the "characteristics prized by the superficial male".

Last edited:
Hiro Yamanaka with the Kankawa Trio: Sorry I'm Late
Jun Miyakawa: Someday My Prince Will Come
Kankawa: Organist
Matsuo Akira Trio: Meet Me in Paris
Mayuko Katakura: Faith
Nao Takeuchi: Seraphinite Live at Motion Blue Yokohama
Sachiko Yasui: My Will
Taro Koyama: Drumgenic
The Most: True Courage
Tomomi Imaoka: Dear
Toshio Ohsumi: New Deal
Yoshio Ikeda Quintet: Sketch of My Life
Yoshio Suzuki: My Dear Pianists
Yoshiyuki Suzuki & Yoshiaki Masuo Duo: Around the World
Yosuke Inoue: Straight Ahead

bo.jpg

Beth Orton: Sugaring Season (24/44.1 AIFF)

sv.jpg

Suzanne Vega: Tales from the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles (24/44.1 AIFF)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing